Special Needs
Options

Anyone with experience with eye disorders?

A friend of mine has a son who is losing his vision due to apparent swelling behind the retina.  He lives in Germany and the doctors here are having a hard time finding the cause.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of any hospitals/universitiesin the States  that we could recommend for him to contact. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Re: Anyone with experience with eye disorders?

• Options

the Wills Eye Institue in Philadelphia is very highly regarded. I used to work at University Physicians Ophtalmology Clinic in Tucson, Arizona, affiliated with the University of Arizona. There is a fantastic pediatric ophthalmologist named Joseph Miller there. The hard thing with things like this, is that usually the Dr. will have to see the patient in order for diagnosis/treatment. The nice thing about university practices is that they are teaching facilities and do a lot of research and have access to all the newest and research  technology. You could also look into Vanderbilt University in Nashville. They do a lot of research also and have an eye clinic.

That's the best I can do, hth.

• Options
    Emory Eye Center is a HUGE center in Atlanta that I'd contact.  They are really great and have helped a lot of people!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"