Secondary IF
Options

Don't know what to do, help!

My plan was to try an IUI in Janurary. But now I feel like that will take my time away from my son before I leave him to return to work in February. It will change my focus and he won't be my #1 concern...I hate thinking that. IUIs are so demanding with the going for bloodwork and going for u/s...

We have some frozen embies but I so want to try IUIs first. I know 7 didn't work for us before our IVFs but I can't help feel like we should try, especially since we will have to pay OOP for our FET.

My next plan is to do an FET in April when I have a school break and can bring DS to the sitter and the FET is not as demanding as the IUI (or so I have been told) so I could do that but I don't know if I can handle it emotionally if it doesn't work! Uhhhh, so hard to decide what to do.

I just hate that I have these feelings again and that they are consuming my thoughts when I should be enjoying DS.

Re: Don't know what to do, help!

• Options

I don't know if I have any good advice, but I understand a lot of what you are feeling. If everything goes as planned then my beta for this FET will be on 12/23 and I'm not sure how I feel about finding out so close to Christmas if it doesn't work. This is our one and only shot at giving Rhett a sibling. In the long run, if it doesn't work out I know I will accept that he will be an only child and I will always be very, very grateful that we have him. But in the short run I know I will be crushed and there will definitely be a time where I will have to learn to accept it. I will probably be a mess for while anyway. As far as feeling guilty about him not being my focus, I totally feel that too. I remind myself that he would have so much fun with his sibling(s) in the long run, so if I need to leave him with my mom a few times for appointments now then it really is okay. I have to remind myself of that a lot though. :) It really is a struggle for me.

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    I am currently going through my second IUI cycle to TTC#2, and I can honestly say it is so different this time. When we were trying for DS it consumed my whole life. It was all I ever thought about and it felt like a huge commitment. This time around it is so much different. I still have to go for bloodwork and ultrasounds, but it is so early in the morning that I get home shortly after he wakes up, or I go before work before he wakes up but I leave work early and pick him up from day care. And when it comes to the shots at night, it seems like no big deal this time...2 minutes and then it is done. And waiting for the phone calls is no biggie either, if I miss them then they leave a message. I guess this time around I am so consumed with DS that this is just second in my life. I dont think about it all day, and I am still enjoying my time with DS. When AF arrived last time, I was bummed, but not devistated like I would have been before him. Don't get me wrong, I think about it...but I dont let it interfere with my time with DS because I dont want this to interfere with his life. Good luck, I hope you are able to decide what you want to do!! Why does it have to be so hard, right?!?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"