TTC after 35
Options

Ovulation pain

When I was "young," I used to feel ovulation pain every so often.  I had DD 14 months ago, and ever since I weaned her, I've been having major ovulation pain every month--both sides.  I'm 36 now--is this age-related?    I'm not complaining necessarily, because it certainly helps with timing now that we're TTC #2.  However, I am also sufficiently paranoid that it means my fertility is declining and my ovaries are somehow having to work harder as I get older.  Anybody else experiencing this, or have any insight?

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker missed m/c 9/08 at 12 weeks missed m/c 1/09 at 8 weeks diagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis 5/09 diagnosed MTHFR 5/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ovulation pain

• Options

I don't know if I ever had O pain before b/c I only started paying attention in January, when we started TTC. Now I notice that most months I get a dull ache, usually on my right ovary, followed by a sudden pinch on the day that I O. It's not too bad so I don't know what that means in terms of fertility. I have read that if you have spotting when you O that's a sign of good fertility. I have never spotted during O, so who knows.

I'll be interested to see what others think...

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    I have always had O pain on the side that I'm ovulating from.  So I don't think it's age related.  Maybe your first pregnancy just changed your body so that you feel it more now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I usually have it on one side. It is a mild ache. I didn't notice it when I was younger but I wasn't necessarily looking for it either.  Under my armpit area usually gets sore as well. I don't know if that has to do with anything but I notice it every month.

• Options
    I have ovulation pain.  Not having ovulated for almost 17 years due to being on the pill, I really can't remember it from when I was younger.  Now that I am testing for the LH, I know to the day when I start ovulation and sure enough I have that same pain or discomfort.  I looked it up online and it is interesting.  Some theories say the discomfort is the egg "bursting" through. 
  • Options
    I never had O pain until after I m/c my 1st pregnancy. ?Even with the O pain it took us about 10 cycles to get PG. ?I don't get O pain since AF returned after the birth of DS. ?I think it is just how your body changes after a pregnancy.
  • Options
    I usually get a sharp twinge in my lower right abdominal area.  I felt it Sunday night and knew I was close to O'ing. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't think it can be age related - I am 37 and feel nothing. :-) Never have. I am charting and using the fertility monitor, but these are my only signs to know if and when I O'd. I think you are lucky to feel it so you know for sure it happened and when it happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"