Pregnant after 35
Options

A little advice? (long, sorry)

OK.. so as you know, this is my 4th pregnancy.  After my 3rd m/c, my reg OB sent me to a perinatologist to run some tests to find out the whys.  A week and a half after my appt with him, I got my +hpt.  Now that I am pregnant, they both consider me high risk, so I will be under both doctors care. 

I know the drill with my regular OB, I have asked my questions and what not, but this pregnancy will be different, since the perinatologist will be the primary doctor giving direction to the OB.  (have I lost you yet?  My mind is in a million places right now).  I just got off the phone with the peri office, and they told me to allot at least 3 hours for my appointment on Tuesday, but when I asked what to expect, the girl was vague.  I am assuming labs,u/s,pelvic and whatnot,  but she didn't know.

That doesn't really matter, I will do whatever they want.  I have been compiling a list of questions to ask the doctor, and I am afraid I have missed something.  Does any one have suggestions on what I need to discuss, or maybe site for a list? I already have the obvious ones.  Has anyone else had experience as a high risk pregnancy that might could shed some light so I know what to expect?

On the other hand, I am so excited to see the u/s and heartbeat.  The last u/s I went to measured 4w1d, which is impossible, because that would mean I got a +hpt 3 days after conception, so I am anxious to see what I measure now.  I think I am closer to 7 weeks based on that.  I am also scared that because I measured so small 11 days ago, that something is just plain wrong, but I am hoping that it was just too early and the measurements were off.  Everything else seems to be going good right now.  No real spotting since last weekend, just a light brown discharge which doesn't scare me as bad.  I have already hit so many more milestones this pregnancy, making me believe that this is the one!!!!  It's just gotta be!

Thanks again.  I am sorry that I am so long winded... being at home all day alone with orders to keep my feet up and relax is getting old and lonely. Y'all have a great day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A little advice? (long, sorry)

• Options
    No advice but sending you a hug and lots of luck.
  • Options
    No advice but lots of t&p for a great appt with your perinatologist!!!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Again, no advice, but I'm glad you're getting good care. Follow the doctor's orders and try to keep focusing on the positive.
  • Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hang in there, SuthrnBelle!  Hopefully after your appointment with the peri, you'll have a better idea of how things will work at appointments and you'll get the results you're looking for (dating u/s, etc.). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"