Pregnant after 35
Options

Bye

We just got home from my u/s. There was a gestational sac, the size is in keeping with my dates, but nothing else. A blighted ovum.

The radiologist spoke with us personally, and said there's an outside chance that something will still develop, but that most likely there will be no baby.

To rub salt into the wound, my body thinks it is pregnant. So that's why I am tired, peeing all the time, etc. It's still making all those lovely hormones. Once again, it tricked me into thinking I was having a baby. Once again, it let us down. (I had a missed m/c at 11w with my first pg, and an ectopic the second time around.)

I wish I hadn't found out tonight. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving on a trip by myself to visit an old friend. After looking forward to my trip for so long, now I'm dreading it. I'd rather just stay home with my husband - he's hurting too - and to cuddle my precious Jakob. All that time to myself on the plane - all that free time I'd been looking forward to - now just seems torturous. Time alone with my thoughts, my heavy heart, my empty uterus.

I know I'm not the first to go through this - and so many of you have your own heartaches - but this is the third baby I've lost. Even if it never developed physically, it became part of our family. A third child I'll never name, never hold. I feel so cheated.

Re: Bye

• Options
    I'm so sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Big (((HUGS))) to you.  I am so sorry that you are going through this.  I have been through a blighted ovum (my 1st m/c) and you are so right.  It is like a cruel joke that your body continues to play on you.  So unfair to go through the symptoms.  Have faith, it will get better.  If you need to talk, please email me suthrnbelle72 @ gmail.com. Don't give up hope.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There are just no words...... I'm sorry for your family's loss. FWIW, after my missed m/c earlier this year I went away for a week (while awaiting my d&c) and I was actually glad to be in new surroundings and not moping around at home.  Hopefully your trip will bring you some measure of comfort and hope for the future.

Best wishes,

Anna

TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I am soooo sorry! I have lost 2 and definitely know your pain. Grieve any way you need to and know that it is not your fault and it is so unfair!!! Take care of yourself and your husband!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  Left Hug  Take care of yourself.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Oh Frau, I am so sorry!!!!!!

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options

Oh honey, i'm sorry you're going through this... but are you *certain* it's a blighted ovum??

I had the same situation, empty sac, looked like there was some bleeding behind where the placenta should have been, etc... I waited it out for 2 weeks, then went in for another ultrasound.   The tech looked, said "there's the sac.. " looked empty - and by that point, i had made my peace with it , but then she found a yolk sac, and a bitsy fetal pole.    I had just dated the pregnancy wrong, or ovulated late or something.   

There's no chance there could have been a date mistake?    I don't want to offer up false hope, I just wanted to share my story, which seems similar..

Hang in there...

Christine

• Options
    I am so very, very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    i am so sorry.  take care of yourself
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry.
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss.  You and your family will be in our thoughts.
  • Options

((hugs)) I am so very sorry to hear what you're going through. Not sure if this will make you feel any better, but I did recently see a Baby Story on TLC where the couple had a DC then 5 MCs before they had a successful PG again. Any MC is horrible, horrible, horrible, but I thought this was interesting (bad word choice but hope that makes sense).

Hang in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"