Pennsylvania Babies
Options

***Central PA Mommies Check-In***

Welcome to the Central PA Mommies Check-In!  I will post this once a week for all mom?s on here - we?re getting to be quite a big group!  If you?d like to join, please respond to this post with your screen name, your baby?s name and birth date.

summerbridesara - Sophia - 7/22/08
sunriz - Adeline - 3/19/08
JTB2004 - Eloise - 10/19/06 and Madeleine - 8/28/08
Jasonlovessara - Bella and Jack - 9/1/08
rsweethart - Sierra - 5/2/07
PAAZwife - Caleb - 9/17/08
spunkielexis - Gunnar - 6/14/08
futuremrssoll - Elijah - 1/02/08
Cortney81- Natalie - 11/10/07
Ambrandy - Juliana- 9/18/08
jldlm - Tori - 6/1/08
MrsPABlondie - Connor - 3/1/08
GBL77 - Cameron -9/27/07
Jamie16 - Andrew - 8/27/07
rlthomas7- Adam - 2/6/08
KellyND04 - Susanna -8/5/07
darensgirl - Avery - 12/31/07
Ambajejus07 - Broderick - 6/12/08
LClaire - Amelia - 6/3/07
MrsMcJeep - John and Luke - 5/31/08

Are you a "baby wearer"?  If so, what sling/wrap/carrier do you use?

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.  ~Stacia Tauscher

Re: ***Central PA Mommies Check-In***

• Options

I'm not big on baby wearing.  I've tried it a few times and it either hurts my back or I feel like she is going to fall out (and I do have the wrap or carrier done properly). 

We have a Moby Wrap and a Snugli carrier.

• Options
    Nope, I was never a baby wearer..lol.  We tried it once but Natalie didn't really seem to enjoy it so we didn't push the issue!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you add me on the list? Nicholas and he was born on 10/15/08. We haven't really tried it yet. We have a snugli but we haven't tried it yet.
  • Options
    I really liked the idea of being a baby wearer, but I never was one. I had a carrier and a wrap, and never really used either one of them. I tried, but I didn't feel comfortable and it didn't seem as though Andrew was comfy, either.
  • Options
    I attempted to be a baby wearer.  I had a Moby but could never figure it out where me and baby felt comfy and certainly never felt comfortable enough to attempt the twin wrap.
  • Options

Sara, I love the quotes you have in there:)

I don't really consider myself to be a baywearer since I don't/didn't do it all the time, but I do use carriers quite a bit and like them a ton! We probably use them equally or a bit less than the stroller when we're out and about, just depending where we are and what we're doing. We have a Moby(didn't use it much at all), a pouch sling, a Beco and a Baby Hawk. 

• Options
    Anytime I'm outside with both girls, I have the baby in the Moby Wrap.  I find it to be pretty comfy, and it is so nice to be hands free when I'm chasing a toddler.  Dh will also wear the baby with the Baby Bjiorn.  He used to use it at places like the farmers' market, park, etc. 
  • Options

I only attempted to wear Gunnar once and he screamed bloody murder and haven't tried since.  Sometimes I do think though that he is physically attached because everytime I try and put him down he screams.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I dont consider myself a baby wearer, but I do have a babyhawk and a maya wrap.  I got them and used them for a couple of weeks but then Connor was big enough to put in the shopping cart.  He loves that and I find it much easier for shopping.  He doesnt really like being confined in the carrier too much.  I do plan on using carriers a lot more when we have another baby.  I think that will be the easiet way to deal with a toddler and a newborn.
  • Options

I'm not a wearer, but DH is! We have a basic Jeep carrier and sometimes it was the ONLY way to get Adam to calm down during those first months of crying fits. Sometimes it was the only way to put him to sleep too.

He's looking pretty stuffed in there now, and with winter clothes he really doesn't fit (and his legs are long and he kicks DH in an area where he really doesn't want to be kicked!) so it's time to buy a backpack carrier...

• Options

Not really.  We have a basic Snugli that we have used on occasion.  Over the summer when DH would be out of town, I would put her in that to take the dog outside.  She would tolerate longer walks easier in that than the stroller.  Now she loves the stroller, so we don't use the carrier as much. 

Plus, she's a spit-up baby, so I would always get nervous using the carrier... I was always afraid all the jiggling from walking would make it worse, and I'd end up getting a spit-up bath by the end of the walk.

• Options
    I have the hotsling which I used for doing some chores around the house in the beginning, and Juliana would sleep in it.  However, i found it to be very uncomforable on my shoulder and back.  i haven't used it in several weeks. juliana is now too big for the newborn hold, and I haven't experimented with other holds.  i do have the ergo for when she has better control of her neck, and I can't wait to use it!
  • Options

see sig for kids & b-days

I love baby wearing.  Going to make a scandi mei tei today!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hey, could you change Eli's birthday to 1/20/08! And, I am a baby wearer! ?I use the Moby wrap and love it! ?I live in the city so when I go to our central market and what not, its not very stroller friendly, or if we do something like first friday. ?hes getting a bit big, but soon i will be able to wear him on my back. ?WHen he was an infant, i wore him alot more!
  • Options
    I'd like to be, but Caleb hate it.  We only have the Beco.  I've tried it several times, and he screams.  I think I'll have to try it once every few days right after he gets up from a nap.  Now that he's a bit older, I think he may settle into it if I put him in there when he's happy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there!  Please add me to the group - my baby's name is Caitlin and she was born 9/1/2008.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I am not a baby wearer!  I have used the baby bjorn (thanks to Jill for letting us borrow it) a good amount of times, but only for up to an hour or so.  Sometimes I wished I would've used it more...maybe with the next baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"