Maine Babies

left DD with babysitter for the first time

The babysitter was just my MIL but still, it was a big milestone for me. I didn't cry or die. And I only called twice. She was in great hands, I know, but I still missed her. But she did great and was a "perfect angel." And I got 2 appointments out of the way and even bought DH his b-day present!

Still though I don't know that I'll be able to leave her for a week when we go on vacation in Feb. I'm still REALLY on the fence about that one. Baby steps here.

Re: left DD with babysitter for the first time

• i don't see why you don't take her. Yes you'll have to do your massages and things separately, but you'll be able to enjoy fun in the sun with your daughter. IMO, that's really the most important thing is enjoying yourselves as a family.?
  • That is of course if you can take her along.?
  • Loading the player...
  • by Feb things will be different (i promise) she'll be older, you'll be more comfortable with a bit of distance... it'll be ok.

glad to hear she (and you) did good for your MIL. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great milestone step!! it's so hard to leave them!  I so enjoy Avery that I just don't want to leave her :)
  • great job!! ?i know i dreaded leaving DS fir the first time but it wasn't too bad for me, either. ?you are right...baby steps. ?try leaving her for a full 24 hours as a test to see how it goes. i know it isn't the same as a whole week but like you said...baby steps, right? hugs...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"