Maine Babies

S/O of H&D's labor story comments

For me, it's so frustrating b/c my SIL (who I do not really like a whole lot) went natural, but she only labored for 3 hours.  It's like she thinks she's better than me b/c she didn't get the drugs. 

I was in labor 6 hours before I asked for the epi & it was 2 more hours before I got it.  And it was back labor b/c she wasn't turned the right way.  I really wanted a natural labor, but I caved.  I tell myself that if Evie could have come in those 6 to 8 hours before the epi I would have done it w/o drugs.  But ultimately, I was just glad to have her here.  I try not to feel too guilty about the epi & the pitocin that they eventually gave me.  I was just so thankful we both came through it all OK.  I was also thrilled to have at least started labor naturally, b/c as some of you may recall, I was 2 weeks past my EDD & they would have induced me at 7am if I hadn't gone into labor on my own the night before.

Re: S/O of H&D's labor story comments

• When I was facing having to have a c-section, I can't tell you how many people made me feel pretty crappy about it, including my mom (who had 3 kids naturally - no meds). 

I was pretty upset about it but knowing what I know now, I'm grateful for the c-section because Avery had the cord around her neck and we would have had to get one anyways.

NOW... funny as it is... I'm considering (actually will probably do so) having another scheduled C-section.  My recovery was really speedy and I had no complications from it.  

• I wanted a med free L&D and if it wasn't back labor, I'd like to think I could've done it. But quite frankly, I couldn't have cared less about getting the epi or not. I was just scared to death of losing her because of her heart decels & was pretty happy knowing that if I did indeed need the emergency c-section, I wouldn't have needed to go under. That's what my saving grace was.?
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope I didn't make anyone feel bad for getting the epi - believe me, I definitely conidered it.  Just illustrates my point that anyone who has been through childbirth, regardless of how it happened, deserves some respect!  I don't think it's fair to say some had it easier than others, when there's no way to know what that other person went through, right?
  • I hear ya' Crazy...  She was unresponsive for long intervals & it ended up that the cord was around her neck.  I was really just so relieved overall.  Still, I hate that feeling like "I shoulda' been tougher"
  • I'm sorry that you and crazy had such a tough labor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"