Maine Babies

Crazy's post reminded me (Baby carriers)

I need to be cleaning my house...but Avery won't go down for a good nap today.

the housekeeper is coming tomorrow, so that means I need to put all the crap away that is on the counters and get ready for her to come. 

what baby carrier do you have?  do you like it? how much was it? why did you buy it?

Re: Crazy's post reminded me (Baby carriers)

• I have three and she hates all of them!

I have a hotsling that was $35, a Ergo carrier that I got on craigslist for $40 (they are usually around $100) and I have a Baby Bjorn.  She is too small for the Baby Bjorn so I haven't tried that yet but she hates the other two.

• I have the moby and highly rec it!  It was around $35 at cottonbabies.com.  Claire goes right to sleep in it - in fact it's hard to wake her up!  I love it b/c you can use several different positions with it, too - not just cradle hold like some of the other slings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hotsling, about 35$, pretty good for Mario, the more regular "seated" kind-it was a gift and Isa loved it, and several papoose type carriers I have not seen in the US for when we were toting in Central Am.  It is really just a large, woven piece of cloth that you tie the baby to you with.

Hotsling and the "regular" seated front carriers worked, but buyer beware--it depends on baby's temperament and age too...

• I think that she'd LOVE the sling because she enjoys being walked around and really could care less what position she's in when she's being perused around the house.  I wish I could borrow one and try it out before I spent money on them
  • Dh's cuz gave us her bjorn & dd likes it outside. When I wear her in it in the house, we throw off too much heat & both end up overheated.?

But she does like it. ?

• I have a Moby wrap and a Baby Bjorn.  She's still too small for the Baby Bjorn, so I can't really offer any insight on that. I can say that she loves to be in the Moby wrap both awake and asleep.  Without it, I wouldn't get anything done at all in the house!
  • My cousin gave me her sling from KangarooKorner & DD & I love it!!!  I also got a Mei Tai from a friend & it's OK, but I think we'll use it more when she's a little older/stronger.
  • We have the peanut shell and the bjorn active (has back support). ?I used the peanut shell when she was really little but haven't used it in a while. ?I just couldn't figure it out, she seemed to get lost in there. ?We both LOVE the bjorn and use it all the time since she was born since she was over 8lbs really quick?

Janine image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"