1st Trimester
Options

What does Rh stand for? NFT

Re: What does Rh stand for? NFT

• Options
    The Rh factor is a type of protein on the surface of red blood cells.  I believe it stands for Rhodium.  Haha, ok I was wrong on the last part :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options

From Google.

"Rhesus (Rh) factor refers to a specific antigen in the blood."

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rh-factor/AN00566?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    stands for Rhesus factor.  The antibodies on the blood cells.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I meant antigen sorry, not antibody
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In case you are wanting to know why...Rh Negative is when your blood type is -negative...in my case I am o- and had some bleeding a week ago and they decided to be on the safe side and give me my Rhogam shot early...normally the shot is given at the later stages of pregnancy and this will make it so you should be able to get pregnant again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Rhesus factor, named after the Rhesus macaque, the animal it was first discovered in.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageMysticblossom21:
    In case you are wanting to know why...Rh Negative is when your blood type is -negative...in my case I am o- and had some bleeding a week ago and they decided to be on the safe side and give me my Rhogam shot early...normally the shot is given at the later stages of pregnancy and this will make it so you should be able to get pregnant again.

I'm O- too. Had to get the Rhogam shot with my DD and will with this one as well. No fun to have a rare blood type. LOL

• Options

Thanks ladies!

I wasn't sure if it was a nest acronym otherwise i would've checked google. How do I forget about google sometimes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"