Pregnant after 35
Options

Anyone have (had) placenta previa?

I just went for my 20-week ultrasound and was found to have partial placenta previa, just 1 1/4 centimeters covering the cervix. 

The hospital doctor said there is a 90% chance that the placenta will move upward.  While these chances are obviously good, I'm still worried. I've read being over 35 and also having a D&C (which I had in March) are risk factors for previa.

Did any of you have a low-lying placenta or placenta previa and what came of it?  Thanks!

Re: Anyone have (had) placenta previa?

• Options
    With my first I had a low lying placenta and my doc told me not to worry about it as usually they move so there is no issue.  She was right, I had an uneventful delivery and the placenta came out intact and just fine.  I even got a guided tour of it.
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    Same here. ?I was really freaked out when I learned about this with my first pregnancy. ?I had visions of bed rest, having to quit my job early etc.... ?But baby moved up and all was well. ?Now I'm pregnant again, and it's not an issue at all. ?Don't sweat it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first I had a complete previa at 19 weeks.  I was worried but at 28 weeks I had another ultrasound and the placenta had moved up and was no longer a concern.  It's pretty rare for them not to move so try to not be too worried about it.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    I was told this at 18 weeks but it moved at 20 weeks.......so no worries..apparently its pretty common and will move
    Live,Laugh and love image"image"image"imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    During my second pregnancy I was diagnosed with placenta previa at around 20 weeks.  My placenta did indeed move up as was predicted, and I had no problems at delivery.  FYI - I was 41 when I delivered.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"