Birth Stories
Options

Who had a doula?

I don't know where else to post this, so I thought this board would be as good as any!

Who had a doula?  Experience?  Advice? 

TIA!

Re: Who had a doula?

• Options
    i would post this on the 0-6 month board since its much more active. we are going to use a doula just from what we've read/heard/researched. we want a natural birth and no c/s if possible and having a doula present will hopefully help with this. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't because I had my baby at home, but I would have totally hired one if I was going to give birth at a hospital- especially if you want to go natural. ?You can find ones in your area on the Dona Website:?https://www.dona.org/

?I would interview at least a couple to be sure your personalities and beliefs match.

?

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My birth story is posted below.  I not only used a doula, I will thank her every day of my life for making sure that I was able to be a part of my daughter's birth.  Dona.org and thechildbirthcollective.org  are both great places to start.
  • Options
    I hired a doula and it was a great decision.  I had an unmedicated birth and I don't think I would have made it without the support of a doula.  I started crying around 8 cm's and started to doubt my stamina, but my doula (along with husband and midwife) helped talk me though my fears.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"