Cleveland Babies

On the off chance that people from Toledo check this board........

I used to live in Cleveland though!  My husband and I moved to Toledo and we are now expecting.  I am trying to find a place to hold our baby shower in the spring in Toledo.  I know, I have time but finances are an issue so it is a planning thing.  I am looking for a location that can hold 50 people.  It can provide food or at least, allow us to bring our own.  If anyone can help, please comment!  Thanks so much!

Re: On the off chance that people from Toledo check this board........

• I am from Toledo but live in Cleveland :) Depending on what side of town you live on there are a few places....There is HJ Primecut (restaurant) both on the Southend (Heatherdowns) and West end(I want to say Alexis and Laskey area). Depending on your budget I know the Toledo Zoo holds baby showers and they are flexible with budgets (atleast when I had my bridal shower there almost 5 years ago, things could have changed). The Briarfield Cafe (on Dussel/Salisbury Rd near Carraba's, they are reasonable priced) I have been to a bridal shower there. My aunt had a baby shower for my cousin at Brandywine Country Club(Salisbury Rd. area) they are open to the public now. There is the Chadwick Inn (in Maumee on River Rd., it has been a while since I have been there) i think that is the name it is near the Maumee library. I would look into Trotters Tavern(Heatherdowns and Reynolds), the owners are so nice there, the food is good and they are closed Sundays but they might be able to open for a shower and it is very spacious inside. On Angola Rd. between McCord and Holloway...there is a really nice VFW Hall my cousin had her baby shower there it was big and real nice, you can bring your own food in there. I just thought of a good one Spaghetti Warehouse downtown...you can order just sheets of Spaghetti/Lasagna and Salad. I hope this helps. I will let you know if I think of anywhere else.

Kathryn

• I live in Napoleon but use to live in Cleveland:) You could come this way. We have Sauder villiage. It is very nice
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in Toledo but I'm from Cleveland too. The Toledo Club or Toledo Country Club are very nice and can hold a decent sized group. Also, if you have to, you could always go to a church hall or basement.
  • If you want to go south, Nazareth Hall near a little town called Grand Rapids is beautiful and has in house catering.  Also the metroparks have many facilites that you can rent and bring food in.  Here's a link:

https://www.metroparkstoledo.com/metroparks/services/display.asp?id=98&subj=services

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am from Toledo, but live in Cleveland now and I was also going to recommend the metroparks.  Smile
  • I am from Cleveland but lived in Toledo for about 6 years.  I had my bridal shower at the Pinnacle in Maumee.  They have a smaller room off to the side of the really big one.  The cost isn't bad either.  We had different kinds of wraps (turkey, blt), pasta salad, lettuce salad, fruit cups, etc all catered by them and it was fabulous!  I had about 40 people at my shower. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"