Maine Babies
Options

FFers - Come In!

How do I know when we need to move up in ounces?  We have been at 4 oz. for a little more than a week and usually she sucks down the entire bottle.  She rarely spits up.  I will be slightly sad to go to 5 oz. because then we need to move to the big bottles.

Re: FFers - Come In!

• Options
    When DD starts sucking down an entire bottle after a few times in a row I will up it one ounce and then see how much she will take. She may be ready to eat more than 4oz!
  • Options
    We've been at 4 oz each feeding for a little over a month now.  I think we'll move her up when she starts getting more fussy right after she finishes a bottle and if her time between feedings decreases dramatically.  Right now she is at 2-3 hours between feedings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I moved Allie up when she seemed to want more after the bottle was finished.  Also, when she needed a bottle sooner than the usual 3 hours after the last one.

I hear you on moving up to the big bottles.  I just bought sippy cups to put in Allie's Christmas stocking.

• Options
    We bumped up the formula when he would finish the bottle and started looking for more sooner than 2.5-3 hours. We use thinkbaby bottles... when they are out of the bottle stage you can get the attachment to turn them into sippy cups.  I didnt like the thought of going out and buying more regular bottles just to have to buy sippy cups in a few months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"