Maine Babies

Why we need the SAL Mommies Board

Ok so.... I know that whil the pg SAL women need our insight to, the SAL mommies definitely need our own board so we don't get caught up in the pregnancy questions. Not that those questions aren't important, but quite frankly I don't have the time to go through 3-4 pages looking for a question from another mommy.?

I also think it's easier for the SAL pg women to find us to ask questions without it getting lost on the SAL board and not getting answered.?

I also think it's very easy to get caught up and lost on the 0-6 board. Our mommies are a lot more humble and more willing to answer the questions that have been asked a lot.

Our SAL mommies also aren't into participating in the drama associated with most boards. ?

Why do you think we need our own board? ?

Re: Why we need the SAL Mommies Board

• like crazy said ~ i dont have a lot of time to read the SAL board and often miss the posts for mommies.  sometimes i will post something there and it gets quickly buried so there are only 1 or 2 responses, when i know there are more mommies out there that could help.

i love the safety of the SAL crowd.  you run the risk of getting "flamed" on the 0-6 board for the most simple question but that would NEVER happen here.

bottom line ~ we have been to hell and back (some SAL mommies more than once) to get where we are.  it doesn't mean we love our babies more.....that's not it at all.  but we have a common background.  and understanding of the neurotic behavior that comes with experiencing a loss.  we hugged when it was painful, we cheered and encouraged in the 48 hrs before an appt, and now we need a place to continue that support.  i value these ladies' opinions more than some of my family members or in-laws!!! Angel

PLEASE PLEASE Bump Gods!!  we need this board

• Because we rock!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Because most of these ladies "know" me better than most of my real life friends and it is hard to find their posts on the other boards.  We have supported each other from a very painful beginning and we want to be able to support each other through parenting as well!
  • We need this Parenting After a Loss board because we are a close-knit community that has supported each other through difficult times for a significant amount of time.  We have not been a part of the "regular" progression for thebump and have relied on each other through some of the most painful moments of our lives. We are not timid about asking each other questions and sharing our opinions because of the relationships we have built through the hard times. Those relationships could easily be lost in the hecticness that is the 0-6 board.

The SAL board is an incredibly helpful place to post and respond when you are pregnant, but the SAL mommy posts are easily lost in the shuffle.  A lot of our time is taken up with our new babies and we don't always have time to find the mommy posts to read and respond to each other. 

Please, Nest Gods, give us this board.  We are not hijackers by nature and I know it bothers many of us to have hijacked a board.  We want to be legit!

• I agree that I don't like getting caught up in the drama of other boards. And I know you guys, so I feel a bit safer here than I do on 0-6. I tend to sensor myself a lot more.
  • The thing that is nice is even if we disagree with each other we are respectful.  We can agree to disagree and leave it at that without getting snarky - other boards (besides SAL and PL) are not like that.
  • We have been through everything with each other! Our initial TTC & pregnancies on GP & 1st tri, our devastating losses on PL board, TTCAL and SAL once we had our successful pregnancies. We would like to continue to be there for eahc other and watch our LOs grow without getting lost on 0-6, 6-12, etc or on SAL. We need our own space to share our experiences and continue building our friendships like we already have through the journeys we have been through. We are our shoulders to cry on, place to vent, share joy, fears, pictures, life events. We are a small close-nit group that would like to share al lifes experiences together, without the snark, flames and drama that other boards create. These ladies are my rocksand couldnt imagine going through this life of parenthood without them!
  • because we not only went thru pregnancy together, but our losses as well... we know each other on a whole different level.
  • ...because after all we've been through together, we want to celebrate with one another -- FINALLY! I think we deserve that. :)
  • We're a family and I don't want to the women who have supported me the past 9 months during pregnancy.  I feel lost on the 0-6 board.

• When my neighborhood was on fire and I didn't know if it was going to survive the night, one of the first group of people I turned to was my FRIENDS on SAL.  I know that there are other reasons why we want this board, but for me it is the close knit community that we have created.  We didn't go through the traditional 1st-3rd tri onto 0-6 months.  We went from PL to TTCAL (for some) to SAL.  I spent a whole year with these women before getting pregnant and another nine months until Kellen was born.  I want to be able to share the next chapter with them as well.  You maintain boards for each individual state, many of which don't get any use.  We will use this board. 
  • We need this board because after all we've been through, we want to celebrate together and continue on with the next phase of our children's lives together.  We have made friends for life here and it's so great to have a place to go where people get you.
  • We need the SAL Mommies board because there are many women out there who must parent, and parent well, in light of the fact that they may have 1 EDD that resulted in no living child, or 5 EDD's (like me) that resulted in no living child.  We have seen each other through hard times, and we want to continue to do just that, and to invite others to join us in our supportive community.

Thanks for considering this, Jill

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"