Working Moms

Preventing diaper rash at the beach

Preventing diaper rash at the beach

We were at the pool this weekend and DS got terrible diaper rash from being in a wet swim diaper for several hours. We leave for a week at the beach soon. Does anyone have tips on how to protect their bottoms in the wet sand?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Preventing diaper rash at the beach

• I go through lots of swim diapers at the beach because I keep changing him into a dry one or a regular diaper if he'll just be playing in the sand for a bit. Baby powder is the best thing ever at the beach! I stand him in the middle of a clean towel, strip him down and cover him with baby powder then rub all the wet nasty sand right off. We use it on our hands to get the sand off too. I have never used baby powder at home but we can't live without it at the beach.

Every night while we're at the beach I put a thin layer of A&D Ointment on his bum just to keep the skin in good shape. We also use it on our sunburns so it's multipurpose!

DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • I have had little luck with prevention on days that involve a lot of water.

Bag Balm (green tin, by the makeup) helps the most, and applied overnight, totally resolves the issue.

• Loading the player...
  • honestly- i let LO be naked except when we go into the water
  • Are you using the disposibles or one of the reusable ones?  We have the Bummis reusable and have never had trouble with diaper rash. She's been to the beach twice and we belong to the pool each summer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • honestly- i let LO be naked except when we go into the water

What about sunburn??? We have our kids in bottoms and rash guards.  I can't imagine letting them be naked!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"