March 2012 Moms
Options

Nighttime Diaper?

What do you ladies use at night on your LOs?  DS is a stomach sleeper and in the past couple of months he's been leaking at night.  We've been using Pampers Extra Protection at night but I'm not thrilled with them.  I've gone up a size and we limit liquids after about 5 pm (he still has some water with dinner, but that's about it) but probably at least 1/3 of the time, he wakes up soaked around 5 or 6.  It's getting to the point that I'm going to start doing a quick change before I go to bed and hoping that he mostly sleeps through it.

Anyway, what overnight diaper do you use? 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
52 books in 2015?           
image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   

Re: Nighttime Diaper?

• Options
    Boo leaks suck. We went up a size and that has worked so far. We use up and up diaps from Target.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

imageMrsJetSet:
    Boo leaks suck. We went up a size and that has worked so far. We use up and up diaps from Target.

That's what we use during the day and I really like them.. maybe I'll get a size bigger and try those at night.  Thanks! 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Huggies Overnites better than Pampers. I seemed to get a lot more leaks out of the Pampers. I still get an occasional leak and I feel like he'd do better in the next size but there are no size 7 overnights and I hate to have to start buying pull ups already.

• Options
    I used to have the same issue, i switched to LUVs and havent had an issue since.
  • Options
    imagecooper2123:
    I used to have the same issue, i switched to LUVs and havent had an issue since.
    I second Luvs. DS leaked through Cruiser, Baby Dry, Huggies overnight...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageeyenigh:
    I like Huggies Overnites better than Pampers. I seemed to get a lot more leaks out of the Pampers. I still get an occasional leak and I feel like he'd do better in the next size but there are no size 7 overnights and I hate to have to start buying pull ups already.

Huggies Overnites work for Dom, and he is a tummy sleeper. 

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My LO is also a tummy sleeper and we have been doing good in next size up Pampers Baby Dry. (3's during the day or cloth mostly - and 4's at night)
    Love that some people have suggested you try Luvs. I'm sort of brand loyal, but there is a reason they make different kinds. Hopefully a different cut from a different brand will solve your leak problems. I so dislike that.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

imageeyenigh:

He wears a 6 in regular diapers?! Dang!

Yeah, I know. He's not quite 30 pounds but he's just about 36 inches tall so he needs the bigger size for length. 5s still close easily but they're ultra low riders and pee shoots right out. It sucks because I'm pretty sure there's no way we'll be potty trained by the time he sizes out of normal diapers.

• Options
    eyenigh said:

Nicb13 said:

imageeyenigh:

He wears a 6 in regular diapers?! Dang!

Yeah, I know. He's not quite 30 pounds but he's just about 36 inches tall so he needs the bigger size for length. 5s still close easily but they're ultra low riders and pee shoots right out. It sucks because I'm pretty sure there's no way we'll be potty trained by the time he sizes out of normal diapers.

Poor tall Alexander!

• Options
    Lol. Alexander doesn't have to pay for his giant diapers!

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member

I used Huggies and worked well and from time to time he would leak at night. Then I decided to switch to "Mom to Mom" brand (I find it at Vons) and they have worked amazingly. No more leaks and are softer and LO seemed to like them as well. They are also more affordable. You might want to give them a try. I also think Target carries them. GL!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Eyenigh- have you ever tried walgreens diapers? I'm not sure how they compare to the Huggies you use but i switched to them from pampers. one of my favorite things about them is the high rise which maybe would help your tall guy? They're also super absorbent which is great during the night and the tabs are very strong. I was able to go down a size in walgreens brand compared to pampers too. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Eyenigh- have you ever tried walgreens diapers? I'm not sure how they compare to the Huggies you use but i switched to them from pampers. one of my favorite things about them is the high rise which maybe would help your tall guy? They're also super absorbent which is great during the night and the tabs are very strong. I was able to go down a size in walgreens brand compared to pampers too. :)
    No, but I'll definitely give them a try once I've run out of options for day diapers, especially. Do they make a nighttime diaper, too?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"