Parenting after a Loss
Options

Another BLW ?

So do your lo's choke, gag and throw up a little during the BLW sessions? A lot of the time Lilly will. Then DH freaks out and asks if I'm trying to kill her. She used to like eating from a spoon, now she just gets mad. But loves feeding herself. He wants to let her chew on pretzels, I told him they had to much salt for little kidneys and he said but killing her with broccoli is ok? Ya DH has been a real gem lately...DD had no teeth yet, but is very interested in food. So I want her to have a healthy relationship with food. Sorry this turned into a novel.lol
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Another BLW ?

• Options
    Choking and gagging are very different things. A baby's gag reflex trigger is very near the front of their mouth in the beginning, hence the gagging and throwing up. As they experience more food the reflex will move towards the back of the throat and you will notice much less gagging. It's all about exposure. It's gross, but totally normal and not harmful!

True choking is silent. They wont make any noise and will turn pale/red/blue while making a gasping face.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    Ok, not choking. She does gag quietly, but she doesn't turn colors or anything. But almost every time she gags, she throws up a little. I thought it was normal for BLW, but it freaks my DH out. Thank you ask for the input!

Edit: added text
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What Missa said about choking vs. gagging, I'll echo that. DD gagged CONSTANTLY. And she threw up a lot. It was very scary in the beginning but I had to learn to trust her, especially when I knew I'd offered her something that she could handle. BLW got MUCH easier when she mastered pincer grasp and could pick up little pieces of things. That's when both DH and I really calmed down about it.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"