Working Moms
Options

NWMR : Sleep question and food question

First sleep.. Since our regression about a month ago DS is up multiple times a night . Sometimes I just give the paci and run his back, other times its much harder. Also a lot of times he rolls onto his belly and that's when he gets upset. I haven't tried
Full on sleep training but I don't think it'll work, I've left him in his crib fussing for a half hr at a time and nothing changes. The one thin I haven't tried is feeding him since he's been STTN since 12 wks fine. And sometimes he wakes up at midnight and sometimes at 3etc so when would I know if he needs to eat or not? Suggestions pls!

Next if u have started solids
How much is LO eating btwns oz of formula and food? We were btwn 3032 oz of formula before, now we are at about 25 oz, 5 tbsp cereal and a thirs of a jar of a fruit or veggie

Re: NWMR : Sleep question and food question

• Options

I expect he is hungry-that doesn't seem like enough food for the formula decrease- why haven't you tried feeding him? We did sleep training for bedtime but it never worked for middle of the night. Plus, DS ate 1X in the middle of the night until he was well over a year old.

I bet if you fed him at midnight, he wouldn't wake up at 3am (still hungry)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    When did you return to work? My DS was Sttn great at like 8weeks but when I returned to work at 14weeks he stopped sleeping. He would wake up 1 or 2 times a night to nurse. I think sometimes they are just trying to make up for missing mom during the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Before you feed him in the middle of the night I'd try to move his schedule around during the day so that he's getting one more snack and serving of formula right before bed. Try that for a few days. I only suggest it because for a while DS added more night wakings and we realized it was because he liked me getting him out of his crib and holding him while I gave him a bottle but he wasn't really hungry.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    jd614jd614 member
    imagethedash:
    Before you feed him in the middle of the night I'd try to move his schedule around during the day so that he's getting one more snack and serving of formula right before bed. Try that for a few days. I only suggest it because for a while DS added more night wakings and we realized it was because he liked me getting him out of his crib and holding him while I gave him a bottle but he wasn't really hungry.

This is why I haven't tried to feed him. I went back to work when DS was 14 weeks old. He STTN from 12 weeks until
    About 20 and since has been a disaster . I will try adding an extra day time feeding and see what happens...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"