Working Moms

Daycare-What to pack

hey there- lurked here while pregnant but never posted since i wfh once lo was born. so we are starting dc half days 2 days a week later this week and hope to build up to 3 full days by the time he is a year.

What should i bring besides extra clothes and labeled bottles and food? they provide diapers etc. help a ftm out! Sorry if asked a million times 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare-What to pack

• each daycare is different, so you may want to ask them.

For Lo at that age I think I packed 2 sets of clothes and a blanket/ sleep sac thing.  I sent new bottles every day already made and we made our own puree's so they came every day.   But each child also had a bin unrefrigerated items, so I had some oatmeal packs, apples sauce, puffs or cheerios and some store bought purees, that were there for whenever they needed them. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• ccamccam member

imageSandAndsSea:
    DS has always had a little cubby where we keep a few extra outfits and blankets.  They also have a large cabinet for diapers and wipes for each child. He also has a food cubby where we have a few backup foods like fruit cups, crackers, etc.  We send blankets for naptime that come home every Friday for laundry and then go back on Monday.  Other than that, we send food daily and they keep 1 sippy cup for water for the week.  Everything has to be labeled and our backup clothes are ones I don't mind if they get lost or accidently given to other kids. Oh, and he has a paci there for naptime.

This is us, too.  We also send in a bunch of labeled bibs, too, which get sent home whenever dirty.  I would ask your DC for a list of items that you need to bring.  Ours requires sunscreen after a certain point in the year. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • thanks so much ladies! 
  • imageRVASC811:

imageSandAndsSea:
    DS has always had a little cubby where we keep a few extra outfits and blankets.  They also have a large cabinet for diapers and wipes for each child. He also has a food cubby where we have a few backup foods like fruit cups, crackers, etc.  We send blankets for naptime that come home every Friday for laundry and then go back on Monday.  Other than that, we send food daily and they keep 1 sippy cup for water for the week.  Everything has to be labeled and our backup clothes are ones I don't mind if they get lost or accidently given to other kids. Oh, and he has a paci there for naptime.

Exactly this. But our backup food is frozen breastmilk and a couple of puree pouches (because she's much younger!).

Also, hey Mrs.Lady!

hey there! thanks for the advice!
  • DD is still breastmilk only, so the only thing we take her is premade bottles, a few back up outfits, which we keep in her cubby, and diapers/cream every few weeks. 

Our center doesn't allow for frozen milk or non-mixed formula bottles, so we obviously can't and don't keep any there. 

They also required us to provide a bottle of infants tylenol, and a doctors note approving them using the tylenol and diaper cream. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • definitely check with your center. Some require you supply the sheets for the cribs for naptime.

I provide wipes, diapers, creams, moisturizer, suntan lotion, premade bottles, puffs, purees, food, cheerios, oatmeal, and a bag of extra clothes, to include a little jacket, a blanket for naps, socks,a few bibs, and a sun hat.

• Everyday:  2 packs of semi frozen bm,  2 jars of solids and a clean 8 oz bottle all in a cooler/lunch bag + a jacket
    Every Monday:  a clean blanket, sheets (we take it home every Friday for wash) and leave a bag of extra clothes in a canvas bag hanging under LO's slot in case of multiple blow outs  
    Stuff we leave at the DC:  oatmeal cereal, diapers, wipes, a bottle of diaper cream/aquaphor/ /sunblock, beanie/hat (for morning walks), an extra bottle, a zippy cup for water, bibs and one set of clean clothes/socks

Like other PPs have said, it all depends on your DC and I'm sure the Director or the teachers will let you know exactly what they want you to bring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"