Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sleep Regression or New Habit?

So I thought LO had already gone through his sleep regression right before he turned four months- it lasted a few days and then we were back to STTN. Right at four months he got sick and couldn't keep anything down for four days. He got nothing but pedialyte for four days until we finally begged the pediatrician to give us Zofran which allowed him to finally keep an ounce or two of formula down. So of course during this he woke up all night being sick. Then when he was over it he continued to wake up around 3am to eat which was fine since he lost a pound while he was sick. After a few days he started STTN again. 

A week later he started waking up again, and it's been going on for almost two weeks. And what's crazy is that it he HAS to eat something to go back to sleep. It could be 2 ounces or 6 ounces, doesn't matter as long as he has a bottle of some sort. And it also doesn't matter if he eats his last bottle at 7pm or 9pm, 2:30am hits and he's awake.

I don't want him to go hungry, but I also don't want him to have a habit of waking up at 2:30 to eat- I'm up at 5am for work so momma needs some sleep!! Sorry if this was long...

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Sleep Regression or New Habit?

• Options
    My DD is doing the same thing.  Around 3 am she wakes up and wants to eat and I only give her 2 oz and she is fine. Then she has her first bottle of the day at 6:30am. She was STTN at 2 months then at the end of May she picked up this habit. It hasn't stopped btw.
  • Options
    Totally normal for babies to still wake up at this age to eat! He's only waking once? Consider yourself lucky!! They go through so many different phases with sleep over the first few years and illnesses, teething, milestones, travel can always cause setbacks. Glad your LO's feeling better!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Given your son's recently illness I'd let this slide. However if at 5.5-6 months he's still waking up consistently at 6 am and taking 1/3-1/2 of a feeding, i'd say its habit
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    Thanks for all your advice- after Monday night when we were up at 10, 11, 12, 2 and 5 I will take the previous once a night any day :)

Hopefully we'll work our way back up to it, in the mean time it's extra coffee for mommy!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"