Health & Exercise
Options

Hi all I have a ? about TB

So I don' think that I have ever posted on this board.. little background. I have 5 SK's who are with DH and I full time.. well until school starts! I have a DS and a DD. Big family , I know.. and I am expecting. I am a SAHM, work from home a little. So... we had a teen stay with us for a couple of weeks of summer break .. and just found out that this boy's mother has and has known she has TB but didn't want to let anyone know because she was embarrassed to have it. TWO of DH's cousins also kept this little boy at their home over the summer, both cousins have6 kids each. One of the cousins was able to get her kids in right away and it was confirmed that they all have it. The cousin that told us about it takes his kids in tomorrow for their tests. I know how the TB test is.. I have had to do it before for jobs.. I used to work in a nursing home. Past that.. I don't know anything about it. I'm worried. We can't get our kids in to their regular dr until next week.. so DH is going to try to get cards from this woman today so we can just take them to a clinic. we really need to know this before school starts and with me being pregnant... UGH.. I'm worried! I know it is not this boy's fault.. I just don't see how a grown woman wouldn't want her family that she is sending him with, that have multiple kids to at least have a heads up. It is very sickening to me.
BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

Re: Hi all I have a ? about TB

• Options

Thank you .. I will call their dr back today. I know the test is a short and simple process. I have already called my ob and they want me to see if I can get checked through their dr as well, they are in the same building but my ob works in 3 different offices.. I don't see why I can't just go in and have a nurse do it.. I wouldn't need to see the ob.

DH wants to wait to get these cards from the boy's mother that way it will be free.. I don't care how much it costs.. I want to know.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"