LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check In

Good morning! This is the weekly check in for those who are trying to conceive or in the planning stages.

How are things going this week? How are our 2wwers holding up?

QOTD: Stealing from the pg check in...what names will your future children call you and your SO?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC Check In

• Options

My thyroid seems to be improving- my last blood test showed improvement in the T4, now we're waiting for the TSH to catch up! I have another blood test next month to verify, and if all looks well- we FINALLY will get the green light to start TTC in September! Months of waiting on the thyroid has been a real bummer, so it was some nice news to get.

QOTD- Haven't really thought much about that, I think that's a discussion we'll have in the future! 

image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options

imageball.and.chain:
    Good morning! This is the weekly check in for those who are trying to conceive or in the planning stages. How are things going this week? How are our 2wwers holding up? QOTD: Stealing from the pg check in...what names will your future children call you and your SO?

Good Monday everyone :)

TTC is going great for DW and I. We are getting really excited for our first AI! We are going to be trying with the next cycle (currently on CD 6) and are hoping for some good luck. We're doing unmedicated and unmonitored at-home for the first few tries. Of course I am still seeing the acupuncturist and chiropractor, but other than that, no medical intervention.

DW has started using terms like "When the baby comes", which is a big change because I'm always saying "If we are lucky enough to get pregnant"...positive thinking, right?

QOTD: I'm not sure yet what we will be called. I have a good friend who had a baby recently with her DW and they call themselves Momma and Mommy...which, to me, is confusing. I guess we'll see! We actually haven't talked about that yet between the two of us, so I'm looking forward to hearing other people's ideas, too! 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePinkspark:

My thyroid seems to be improving- my last blood test showed improvement in the T4, now we're waiting for the TSH to catch up! I have another blood test next month to verify, and if all looks well- we FINALLY will get the green light to start TTC in September! Months of waiting on the thyroid has been a real bummer, so it was some nice news to get.

QOTD- Haven't really thought much about that, I think that's a discussion we'll have in the future! 

We'll be trying at the very end of August (depending on my cycle), so maybe we'll be TWW buddies :) 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    Hi! I am 3 days past my 2nd Iui we did 2 this cycle and changed to a known donor. My partner thinks in nuts that I am researching finance options for iui, but somehow it's helping me to have hope in case this cycle is a bfn. As each cycle passes, it is harder to believe it will happen.

QOTD: our daughter calls me Momma and my DW Mommy.
    Iui #1 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 2 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 3 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 4 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 5 = unmedicated = bfp - miscarriage at 5 wks. Iui #6 = nov 2012 = gonal f 75, endotrim 100= chemical pregnancy/bfn
  • Options

No updates here except that I got notice that I will be getting permanent residency, which means I will be getting Ontario health insurance, which means everything will be smoother when we do IVF, which will be in the new year unless we are lucky enough to get M pregnant this fall on IUI. QOTW: I will be Mommy and Manada will be Mama or Momma. I always pictured it spelled "mama" but I don't actually know how she wants it spelled. We are practicing with our pets. For instance, "Frannie, where is mama?"

ETA: The Mommy/Mama-Momma decision was one of the very first decisions we made about having kids. Since then I have wondered whether I would rather be a "Mama" than a "Mommy," but most of the time I still feel good about "Mommy" for our kids. I am not interested in being a "Mommy" in mommy-culture.

Also, I asked M and she would spell it "Mama." I feel good about that. :)

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

How are things going this week? How are our 2wwers holding up?

IUI was yesterday went pretty smooth. I still get super nervous prior to the IUI due to the first one having the pylop hit and how much pain that was. I had some super strong O pains yesterday prior to IUI I was in shock at how strong it was with the new meds. I was told not to worry and all seemed great this cycle. I relaxed all afternoon and SO took care of me ;)

I have two work days this week and then off for the rest for vacation. We are just going to relax and have fun. Taking my nieces and nephews to an amusement park on Wednesday, cant wait to go to water park and enjoy the summer weather.

TWW has always been hard but it seems to get easier with more and more cycles. I am waiting till 13DPIUI AF has arrived for the past two months exactly 13DPIUI.

QOTD: Stealing from the pg check in...what names will your future children call you and your SO? We take it from what we called our parents. I always called my mother mommy and now I call her mom. When SO was little she called her mother mama when she was little and it turned to Ma so we figured I would be mommy/mom and she would be mama/ma :)

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options
    KH826KH826 member

Today is 4dpiui for me.

Felt some mild cramping this AM - not sure what that was about. Otherwise, nothing to report. I am going to be busy for this TWW - I am hosting an audit at work all this week, and then will probably be totally exhausted this weekend from that! We have also been super busy since the IUI this cycle. I ended up going back to work the day of the IUI, then I went to acupuncture, then we went out to dinner with a friend (busiest IUI day ever!). This weekend we went to a concert on Friday night, had a date-day on Saturday with lunch, pedicures, froyo and some shopping, Sunday we did chores at home, went grocery shopping, etc. I feel like this TWW will go quickly (hopefully!)...

QOTD: I will be Momma and my wife will be Mommy at first. As our kids get older, we will see what comes naturally to them (maybe Ma for me and Mom for my wife)... our someday teenagers will obviously not be crazy about calling us Mommy...

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    I'm OK. Thought maybe I was getting my period at 4w post DC but it seems to have subsided tricked again. I knew it was too good to be true! Otherwise this week is kind of rough because my first EDD is Thursday, the 25th. The royal baby hoopla does not make it any easier.

QOTD: My wife wants to be called Mommy. I don't really care too much. The most common alternative seems to be Mama/Momma, so we may go with that, but I don't love that Mommy can be shortened to Mom and Mama is shortened to "Ma." I don't want to be Ma! I've also toyed with the idea of being called Mimi, after our 2yo niece called me that. It was a version of my name, which she couldn't quite say, but I think it's cute, a little different, and obviously easy for a young child to say.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well...

Now that I am up to bat for the FirstComesLove/Doodah team I will fill you in.  After a long weekend of dealing with crazy emotions about A not carrying first and me (the gender non-conforming boi who has ignored the fact he has a vagina for 17 years) working through my feelings of being the first to carry, AND learning how expensive a monitored cycle is, I feel like we have finally allowed our universe to be in charge a little bit and just go where it will take us.

Because this is our 7th month trying (although it is my first shot at being the "holder") the Doctors we are seeing decided to go with a more active approach including doing monitoring and a trigger shot.  We went back and forth, due to the HUGE price difference and in the end decided, "no guts, no glory".  Frankly, we are ready to be pregnant (in whatever form that takes) and thought it would be nice to be monitored to get the maximum shot at getting it taken care of.

So we went for Day 12 monitoring this morning and I have two follicles, one 16mm and the other 18mm, so they went ahead and gave me the big injection in the butt. Our IUI is scheduled for tomorrow at 5.

Wow... this is all happening very quickly, and although I am overwhelmed, I am excited and nervous. We have also been really open with each other about discussing how it feels to be in the OPPOSITE position for the TWW. I know it will be different being the one who is possibly pregnant.  So in many ways it feels like the first time all over again.

QOTD:  A has always wanted to be kiddos Mommy.  I have selected Doodah... although I have not idea why I decided on it to begin with.  I kind of decided that would be my "parental name" when I stopped identifying as totally female.  What is interesting is I had a dog in my very early childhood named Doodah, and I am sure my family are going to think it is related to that, but in all honesty it was just by chance and kind of stuck in my head.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options

imageball.and.chain:
    QOTD: My wife wants to be called Mommy. I don't really care too much. The most common alternative seems to be Mama/Momma, so we may go with that, but I don't love that Mommy can be shortened to Mom and Mama is shortened to "Ma." I don't want to be Ma! I've also toyed with the idea of being called Mimi, after our 2yo niece called me that. It was a version of my name, which she couldn't quite say, but I think it's cute, a little different, and obviously easy for a young child to say.

I agree about the Mom vs. Ma.

M and I have talked about both of us being Mom and both responding to "Mom" and both being the kids Moms. I think our idea is that we will use "Mommy" and "Mama" when we need to be specific or when the kids want to be specific in naming or calling on of us.  It still doesn't solve the problem of how the names grow with the kids. I maintain that "Mama" is an acceptable name for a teenager to use for a parent whereas "Mommy" feels too childish. But I know others think "Mama" is also childish. I suppose we'll see.

With this conversation online today, I'm thinking more and more about using a non-Mom specific title. A trans, genderqueer parent friend of ours uses "Zaza" and I like that. And I like Doodah's name plan. While I'm not trans identified, I am relatively genderqueer and struggle with the cultural gendering of "Mommy." That said, I'm also "woman-identified" enough politically (and socially within my queer communities) that I do not want to give up being a "mom," particularly because we live in a world that believes children can only have one "real mom." If I end up being pregnant and giving birth first, I think I might end up being less attached to the need to be named a mom name (because I will already be recognized as a "mom") and that might open up some of the other naming possibilities for me and M. We'll see.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:

BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

• Options
    imagedoodah1013:

Wow... this is all happening very quickly, and although I am overwhelmed, I am excited and nervous. We have also been really open with each other about discussing how it feels to be in the OPPOSITE position for the TWW. I know it will be different being the one who is possibly pregnant.  So in many ways it feels like the first time all over again.

First, good luck on the IUI tomorrow! And congratulations on what sounds like some very nice follicles!

Second, I hear you on the "happening very quickly." I can't actually imagine how much of a mind f*ck this must be for you. I have always wanted to be pregnant and M and I have always included a pregnancy for me in our baby plans, but when we finally made the decision in May to switch from her body to mind, I remember that it felt super whirlwind. I was going in for day 3 monitoring and never ended up doing an IUI because of tube issues, so I consider my experience of "everything is happening so quickly" to be well lower on the scale than yours.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat with anyone about this stuff. I haven't actually done an insemination (and now never will, but will hopefully do an IVF embryo transfer) so haven't actually experienced the switcharoo but I have been thinking a lot about all this stuff. 

****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

• Options

Hi all. I haven't posted in a while, but have been lurking and following you all. I am wishing the best for everyone.

I am 5dpiui #3 today. We had a bit of a rough road this time. We went in on Wed 7/17 and we were going through the wait for  the thaw and we looked at each other and said "this is taking a lot longer than the other times." Basically what was happening is that there was a supper low motility only 1 million sperm were viable after wash. So disappointing. Luckily we had another vial and it was not going to be recommended to be used so the nurse suggested we thaw that one out and combine them.....More bad news. This second vial also was very low motility. Only 3.5 million sperm were usable. 

On top of this news my cycle was very weird. I had a 16mm and 9.5mm follies on a natural cycle on CD 17 and then on CD 18 they shrank. My estrogen levels were low, but my LH was right on target, so that is why they were able to do the IUI.

I really hope that with all of these wonky things that went on this cycle, maybe this will be our month. If it is not we will get a refund on both vials and then we need to talk about possible new donor. We are sad that we may have to pick a new one.

QOTD: So my DW has had the nickname mama from collage, and it is just natural for her to be called mama. For me I will be called Mom. I don't ever remember calling my mom, mommy. Maybe if was winning. So I think that it just worked out naturally for us.

33 Years Old

Married 7/7/10 - Provincetown MA on the beach -

Reception October 23, 2010 - Martha Clara Vinyards, North Fork Long Island

5/12/13 - 5/13/13 IUI #1 - BFN
    6/14/13 - IUI #2 - BFN - 7/17/13 - IUI#3 - BFN Clomid cycle 100mg 08/13 - cancelled bc produced too many eggs. Clomid cycle 50mg 10/13 - IUI#4- BFN. Clomid. Switched Dr in November. IUI#5 11/20 and 11/21 with trigger and clomid. -TWW {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Trying to Conceive Ticker}
  • Options

Today is 4 days post 6-day transfer - last time I got my initial, squint-to-see-it BFP at 5 day post 5-day transfer. So I'll admit to peeing on a stick in hopes our LO might have been on her game and attached right away. Being a frozen transfer, it could take longer to implant. I feel like I've gotten some signs, but who knows because it's so easy to read into *everything*. I have been crampy, in the way I was last time, which is reassuring (though it makes me feel gross - I'll take it!)

Spirits are high and I refilled my estrogen and progesterone RX's in the hopes that I'm pregnant; and if not, then I'm all set for our next attempt. J is hanging in well, and she just believes, heart and soul, there is a baby in there attached and ready to go...she even bought an outfit for her this weekend. If it's a boy, we will introduce him to cross-dressing I guess. :) But she really believes it's a girl. We'll see! I just hope it's a baby!

QOTW: This is a struggle. J is from the South and left it, so she has an aversion to Mama - her mom wants to be called Mimi (instead of gramma) - so I expect I will defer to J to be Mom/Mommy, and I will be Mama and we'll figure it out as the kid gets older. With the cats, I always call J 'mama-san' (we live in a very Japanese-dense area) and we joke around about 'mamacita' being cute too, and J can speak pretty decent Spanish...however, thinking of the kid yelling it out on the playground, we'll likely stick to Mom/Mommy and Mama. p.s. We will avoid what our neighbors use, requiring their son to call them "Ma-Maw" and "Pa'Paw" ...

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"