Attachment Parenting

Ergo infant insert ?

My LO is 2 months, 12 lbs but doesn't have real good head control yet. So should I wait to use the ERGO a few more weeks so I don't need insert or is it really worth getting now? Any other tips appreciated as well! TIA!

Re: Ergo infant insert ?

• Yeah, I agree with PP. I bought it and wish I hadn't. Too expensive for only using it a couple months. Plus, it's HOT.
  • Loading the player...
  • I watched the video but that baby had good head control. Will the blanket help with that? Right now, I can't be hands free really because I'm supporting his head.
  • You could try a swaddle + the blanket butt pillow. The carrier should also be pretty snug.
  • I did like the insert for the detachable pillow. I used the pillow for a couple months even after the insert wasn't required for neck control. But as PP said you can probably improvise with a blanket.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the infant insert but I wouldn't want to wear it in Memphis heat in the summer. If you planned on going out with it, it would be really sweaty. 

• I couldn't get the hang of the infant insert so I just used the Moby wrap initially. When she was about 15 lbs, I started using her in the ergo with just the pillow from the infant insert in the butt area, but a towel would work just as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • cpmichcpmich member
    Wait for really good head control and just use a rolled up towel under your child's bum.
  • I don't think the insert would do much for head support anyway.
  • I got the newborn insert, but I only used the pillow part of it. My DD LOVES being in the Ergo when she's tired, so that was the perfect balance. She is getting more head control and soon I will be able to use it without the little pillow, but for now, it's a good thing to have. 

P.S.-I tried using a rolled up receiving blanket and I couldn't get it to work out well for us. If I could have, I would have done that instead of spending the money on the insert. Oh well though! 
    Anniversary

image   image image  image
  • I got the newborn insert, but I only used the pillow part of it. My DD LOVES being in the Ergo when she's tired, so that was the perfect balance. She is getting more head control and soon I will be able to use it without the little pillow, but for now, it's a good thing to have. 

P.S.-I tried using a rolled up receiving blanket and I couldn't get it to work out well for us. If I could have, I would have done that instead of spending the money on the insert. Oh well though! 
    Anniversary

image   image image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"