Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

The Mini Pill

I wasn't quite sure which board to post to, but for any ladies who have in the past or are currently taking the mini pill because you are breastfeeding, did you get your periods back on the pill? My doctor said some do and some don't, but I was just curious your experiences with it. TIA
Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries

Re: The Mini Pill

• Options
    I've been on it since January and DD is almost 8 months old... Still nothing for me!
  • Options
    I just got off of it and have yet to have one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsRJCMrsRJC member

I've been on it since March and have had my period twice. It wasn't 2 months in a row. The first one was in April and then not again until about 3 weeks ago. I will say that my periods are MUCH heavier now then they ever were before getting pregnant.

I'm thinking about switching to an IUD because I've heard of a lot of people still getting pregnant on the mini pill. I'm so paranoid that we're also using condoms so it seems silly to even be on it!

• Options
    I've been on it since January and didn't have anything until May and since then I've had a period every 2 weeks. It stinks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I didn't get my period whole on it. But I did ovulate once that I know of. I know this because that resulted in my DD. I won't touch the mini pill at all now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nope, not at all.  you're not supposed to ovulate, so you shouldn't get AF.  Any bleeding is breakthrough.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh. I hated the mini-pill. I was on it from 6 weeks PP to about 6 months PP (I stopped BFing at 4 months). During that time, I got one big, heavy period. I had LOTS of random spotting. When I finally stopped because we are TTC, I expected to have some breakthrough bleeding but nothing. My cycles are still not quite normal and I've been off of it for 3 months.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageWild_flower25:
    nope, not at all.  you're not supposed to ovulate, so you shouldn't get AF.  Any bleeding is breakthrough.

Actually this is a misconception. It only suppresses ovulation in about half of the women who take it because it only has the one hormone not both. It's "suppose" to prevent conception because it changes the cervical mucus. I only let you know because I too thought it stopped ovulation and was informed otherwise by my doctor who said to discontinue it the second I stop breastfeeding. Here's a link if you want to know more...

https://www.babycenter.com/0_birth-control-pills-the-minipill-progestin-only-pills_1472113.bc

Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"