Washington Babies
Options

Looking for moms to be in my city

Hey ladies,

I am a 1st time expecting mom (in my 11th week right now) Just moved to Seattle & desperately looking to hang out with mommies to be & make some great friends so that we can support each other through this wonderful phase of our life. I don't really know how & where to get started & the worst feeling is to end up having a lonely pregnancy. And the mood swings are killing me now..

So anyone out there, gimme a shout. I would be super glad to connect with you.

Divya 

Re: Looking for moms to be in my city

• Options

Hey there, I totally understand feeling alone in a new city and all the new changes. I live in the Renton area, so not too far from Seattle. You should check out meetup.com. I currently belong to this group https://www.meetup.com/Renton-Moms-to-Be-Ages-30-and-Up/. This is a good way to meet other first time mothers too. Feel free to hit me up if you'd like!

Welcome! 

• Options

Hey Dhaueisen, thanks a ton for your response! The birth month board is only until the end of this year on this website & I am due in Feb 2014. I don't see the calendar for next year yet :( That's the first thing I was looking on to connect with people. 

You are not too far along. I wish you all the best :)

Sending you a big hug :)  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey thanks,

I'll look into it right away! You women are awesome :)

I live in the Queen Anne area & I will look into all possible options to meet some lovely mommies to be out there!

Thanks again!  

• Options

Hey GeorgiaGC, thanks for the advice, I am gonna check out the meetup options & see what works. Thanks a ton for your suggestion. Really appreciate it 

Big hug :)  

• Options

Heyy jrtmom, great to hear from you. I am in Queen Anne, where exactly are you located?

I am currently looking at the PEP website & it looks like a fantastic option. Also do let me know about the other option where I can meet other FTMs too, when & where do you guys meet up & how can I be updated about it or how do I join the group! 

Thanks a ton for your suggestions & wish you all the best, hope you're not getting too jittery :)

Hugs :)  

• Options
    imageGeorgiaGC:

Hey there, I totally understand feeling alone in a new city and all the new changes. I live in the Renton area, so not too far from Seattle. You should check out meetup.com. I currently belong to this group https://www.meetup.com/Renton-Moms-to-Be-Ages-30-and-Up/. This is a good way to meet other first time mothers too. Feel free to hit me up if you'd like!

Welcome! 

thanks for the info :)

• Options
    Hi Divya,

I'm in my 21st week, first baby, and live right across the bridge here in Fremont. I'll send you my contact info! 

Sky :) 
  • Options
    Hey Sky,
    That sounds fantastic. Just inbox me your no. or email me- divzzish@gmail.com & lets get in touch! 

Divya :)
  • Options
    Hey Divya! I just got on here in hopes to find some commoradory as well! I'm a first time mom due in feb 2014 also! I live in Edmonds and work in Seattle, so I can meet anywhere around here. I'd love to meet up and look into finding a group to become friends with as well! I feel like im becoming a hermit, with no friends that are pregnant and no family around, i need to get out. Please feel free to email me at laurabuck67@hotmail.com.
    Cheers!
    Laura
  • Options
    Hey Laura! 
    Soooo glad to hear from you. Will get in touch with you real soon. Just caught up with a couple of Sunday chores, lemme mail you once I'm done :) 

Yayyy!!! Looks like I finally know someone in Seattle :) 
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm also expecting my first (10w5d today), and live in north Seattle. I've lived here my whole life so I know the city pretty well. Some friends have just had babies, but I don't know any that are currently pregnant. I work at a school and have the summer off and have been finding myself at a loss of what to do, given morning sickness and exhaustion, etc. Anyhow, would love to meet sometime!

Carley
  • Options

Hey Divya!

I'm an expecting Mom in Queen Anne.  Due date is November 30th.  Would love to meet up.  Maybe go for a slow stroll around the crown sometime?

My email is princesswoowoo@gmail.com.  We had a group of QA expecting Moms that have gotten together once or twice to walk around the crown but with the summer schedules, it's been a while since we all got together.  Will add you to that list.

All the best,

Karin

• Options
    I live in Queen Anne.  There is Queen Anne Mom and Dads Yahoo group.  There is a lot of emails.  It has a lot of good emails about what is happening in the community.  And you can buy and sell your stuff to other people in the neigborhood. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    There is a Secret Seattle Bumpies Facebook Group--and there is a North Bumpies and South Bumpies Facebook group. A lot of the mothers from this board went to that group on Facebook.
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    Hey thanks Irishsapphire! I will look into it right away! 
  • Options
    Hi Divya, 

My name is Tara and I am 10 weeks.  From the looks of it, I will be due in February as well because I am having twins :)  I don't know many people in the Seattle either and would love to connect.  I live in Redmond, but will be starting work outside of Ballard next month.  My email is travail@gmail.com. 
    BTW, totally understand the mood swings :) I am more tired than anything lately though.  

Tara 
  • Options
    Hey Tara,
    Great to hear from you, will connect with you real soon. Have my NT scan lined up for today & I am soooo nervous!!! 
  • Options
    Good Luck!  I really don't think the nerves are ever going to go away.  I can't wait till my 12 week check up and so nervous! 
  • Options
    Tara, congrats on the twins!

Divya, I had my NT scan yesterday too. How did yours go? I'm apparently a day ahead of schedule, due 2/18 instead of 2/19 now. (:

I'm attaching an ultrasound pic from yesterday and a 12w1d bump pic I just took this morning. Actually have a teeny bump now, it's exciting! :D

Maybe it would be quicker for me to just email people? Hmm.

Carley
  • Options
    My name is Linda and I live in the Madrona area, I am 7 weeks pregnant and due in March 2014. Would love to meet up with some pregnant locals!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i'm pregnant with twins and have EDD of 9-5-13 or before. i'm in the renton area and would love to connect!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We are having a Sacred Pregnancy circle coming up on September 16th. (it's free). It's a beautiful way to bond with other pregnant mamas, while nurturing yourself as well. 

Open to the public, but please RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/574783535900997/
  • Options
    Susanag5Susanag5 member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Divya,

Were you able to find any meetup groups or moms to-be clubs in Seattle? I just moved to First Hill from San Francisco and I'm due in March. I'd love to belong to a group and meet some locals. My email is sscollins@dons.usfca.edu.

Thanks!
    Susi
  • Options
    Hi! I'm due at the end of Feb with my first. I live in Kirkland but am in Seattle a lot. Would love to meet up! I was thinking of starting a group of mamas due in Feb if anyone is interested. Just throwing it out there. Happy to meet up in any context though! :)
  • Options
    Me me me! Due 2/18 here. Haven't heard from anyone specifically about this and would love to get some mama-friends. (:
  • Options
    @Hanna- I am in Redmond and due in March...because I am having twins I will most likely have them in Feb as well :)   I am new in the area and would love to meet some new people!
  • Options
    Lynnwood,Wa here
  • Options
    @hanna @tara @cjm Let's try yo meet up soon since we are all due around the same time. Send me your emails and I will start the group email exchange.
  • Options
    for sure!

divzzish@gmail.com 
  • Options
    Susanag5Susanag5 member
    edited September 2013
    @divzzish and I had a great first lunch meet up! If anyone else would like to join our moms to be group, email us at sscollins@dons.usfca.edu and divzzish@gmail.com. It would be lovely to meet other pregnant ladies in Seattle. Next we will be meeting for mani/pedi and a pre-natal yoga class!    
  • Options
    Susanag5Susanag5 member
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    Was great meeting you Susi.. Looking forward to the mani pedi session followed by the prenatal yoga class!! 
  • Options
    I also live in Queen Anne. Due 5/2014. Would love to meet other expectant moms!
  • Options
    EKSeattleEKSeattle member
    edited September 2013
    I live dwntwn too, not far from QA. Would love to meet other expecting moms, as I know none and this is my first. I'm due 3/2014. lmk if you need my email. ~Emily
  • Options
    I live in Magnolia and I recently found out that I am pregnant. I've been searching for some kind of group or way to connect with other pregnant women.
  • Options

I live on the Kitsap Peninsula, but I'm always up for a ferry ride to Seattle!

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ooh, I'm jealous of you Seattle girls and your meetups. Wish there were more people on this board living north of the city-- I live all the way up in sad and lonely Mount Vernon. It sucks being in a brand new state (just moved from AZ) and having the start from scratch. Expecting my first with all of my friends and family living all the way across the country is starting to feel a little lonely, dammit.  

If there are any north-of-Seattle moms-to-be around... hit me up! :)

Karen + Tim  8/17/13
    BLUE baby on the way 6/17/14
  • Options
    I'm new to this board, due in March with my first. Currently in Lynnwood but moving to Marysville in Jan. any Snohomish County moms?
  • Options
    31 years old South Everett, 22 weeks due in March with first child. Excited to find out the sex upon birth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"