Food Allergy

mspi-poor gain-one twin only?

My twins are 7 months old. They have reflux and mspi. The pediatric gi was basically useless so I am powering through it on my own (he is out of the only ped. GI practice in the state, so a second opinion is not likely). They are on zantac for the reflux and I am not eating any dairy or.soy and have been off both since March (ish)(very carefully avoiding hidden dairy and soy)(they are ebf although every now and then get a bottle.of nutramigen to give me a break). The soy/dairy elimination worked in that they are now happy babies that no longer scream all the time, but I have had a feeling that there is something else they are reacting to, b/c their poop is still green, stinky, and mucusy. Their regular ped and the GI all chalk it up to a variation of normal, but like I said they are useless mostly. The problem now is that one of the twins is not gaining weight. I have a scale here that weighs in grams, ounces and pounds, and I have been weighing her daily for about a month and there are alight fluctuations, but really.minor. she has been hovering around 9lbs4oz for two months already. Her sister is around 10#8 anpd is slowly gaining. The GI&ped are concerned about the small ones weight gain (or lack of) and wanted me to supplement with thickened formula once a day. She rarely will take it. Plus my supply isn't the problem. I have done weighted feedings here and there and she always consumes 3-4 ounces at a time (and sister would be stalling also). I guess my question is if she has something else she is intolerant to, would that cause her weight to stall.like this? What would be the next logical thing to eliminate? I really don't want to go to TED, but will if I have to, because I am already struggling with eating well, and j have two other kids that are picky picky picky and we may all starve as I do 't have a ton of time to make separate meals for everyone.

Re: mspi-poor gain-one twin only?

• PS...they were born at 31w at 3#1oz and 3#4oz...small has always been sma:ller. She is also doing the same things sister is, rolling over both ways, smiling, pushing up...although she lags a bit to start initially, and is less.vigorous is doing them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"