May 2012 Moms

How does your garden grow? GTKY

Fellow gardeners, update us about your gardens.

Herbs:

Edibles:

Flowers:

What have you harvested already?

Failures (learning experiences):

Future plans:

Miscellaneous:

-----------------------------------------------------

Herbs: basil, purple basil, dill, parsley, mint
Edibles: yellow squash, caccuzi squash, zucchini, cucumbers, hot peppers, bell peppers, swish chard, two types of loose leaf lettuce, various types of tomatoes, bush beans, string beans, blueberries, grapes, strawberries, watermelon, musk melon
Flowers: planted some marigolds, various annuals, sunflowers and our irises and hostas came back
What have you harvested already? blueberries, yellow squash, mint, parsley, dill
Failures (learning experiences)? squirrels finished our blueberries, had to rip out two rhododendrons and some other plants that didn't come back after the flood (Hurricane Sandy), deer snacked on the hostas down to an inch, eggplant from seeds did not grow
Future plans: plant green onions and try eggplant again, clear out more garden space, experiment with hugelkultur
Miscellaneous: we had "bonus" tomato and squash plants that grew out of our compost

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How does your garden grow? GTKY

• k4slr6k4slr6 member
    I am gone from about 6:30AM and get home at 6PM M-F so this year I just planted 6 bell pepper plants since I wasn't sure how much time I would have to tend a garden.  The first week the rabbits ate 3 of the plants.  Sad  Now they are doing well and flowering so I am hoping to see some produce on them soon.  I planted lavendar geraniums, spikes, and ivy in an old wash tub.  We have hostas, peonies, and lilies that come back every year that are planted around our whole house.  I think next year if all goes well with the peppers I will plant bell peppers, tomatoes and jalepenos for salsa. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"