Attachment Parenting

Infant carrier

I am looking for an easy and safe way to wear my 3 week old. I tried the k'tan, and although LO loved it, I found it extemely uncomfortable for my back especially. I just purchased an Ergo but didn't get the infant insert. I was trying to avoid it because of how hot others have said it is. LO is approximately 12lbs already but from what I understand the insert should be used until he has proper head control. Is this true? Should I look into another carrier for the infant stage? I've read that mei tais are easy to use but are they safe for such a young baby? If so, any recommendations? Thanks so much!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Infant carrier

• I think you do need to wait until they have head control to use the Ergo without the insert. Have you tried a ring sling? I was a skeptic, but it's great! It's let me wear DD since she was 5 lbs, and I also think it's actually helping her develop neck/head control.
  • Is there a store or babywearing group that can show you how to use the k'tan you've got? It shouldn't be uncomfortable with a newborn if you've got it on correctly. I'm guessing a few adjustments and you'd find it great. Or else try watching a few more youtube videos on how to get it on. If you've got the right size and you get the fabric spread well over your shoulders and back, it shouldn't hurt.
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually returned the k'tan already. I had a friend show me how to put it on but I don't have a babywearing store or group in my area unfortunately. I have a ring sling that I will try. Any other thoughts on the mei tai?
  • cpmichcpmich member
    A mei tie is a good option, so is a ring sling, infant Kinderpack, or manduca.
  • I used my moby for the first time yesterday with my 11 day old DS and it was great! We used the newborn hug hold and he was so snug and supported in there that his head was fine. He conked right out too which was a total bonus.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I loved the moby until ds was about 4 months old. So snuggly.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• You could definitely use a mei tai with a 3 week old. You'd just froggy their legs inside. :)

I'm not sure about the ergo without the insert at that age, but I bet others will have some recommendations. Good luck!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"