October 2013 Moms
Options

Zevia

Okay Mommas with GD...if you're ever craving a ''soda'' get some Zevia...no artificial sweetners and they use Stevia. Only 4g of carbs in a whole can. No calories and no caffeine. The black cherry is good...splash some lemon in it too! It's a nice every once in a while treat! They also have coke, Dr. Zevia,grape,orange and some others I believe.

Just thought I'd share, since I'm enjoying some right now!

You can find it at whole foods, huckleberrys...yolks, Super1
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Zevia

• Options
    OMG...thank you!!
  • Options
    imagesrgoldbe:
    OMG...thank you!!

You're very welcome! I'll also be posting some yummy desserts...that are good for you and have stevia as the sweetner! I love the fact that it's natural!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did your OB approve stevia? My OB and my husband, who is also a doctor, specifically said that all artificial sweeteners are fine in moderation, except saccharine and stevia, due to lack of testing...

I think I saw an article about the potential risks of stevia during pregnancy a while back. Not sure where. I will look tomorrow.
  • Options
    Not sure about rules in the US but Health Canada has Stevia on the approved sweeteners list, in "moderation".
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    I don't have gd but as far as stevia goes, it is not a chemically engineered sweetener. It comes from the stevia leaf which is naturally sweet tasting. I could see why saccharin would be a no no but stevia is naturally derived so should be much better for you if coming from a reputable source.
  • Options
    Stevia is safe in moderation. It's a natural sweetener not an artificial one.
  • Options
    Okay. Just checked. Apparently, the American pregnancy association just added stevia to its "safe in moderation" list this year. It is in the same category as aspertame and Splenda. Funny how things change just from 2011 when I had my daughter!

Saccharine and cyclamate are now the only ones they advise against.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"