Preemies
Options

irritable uterus

I was diagnosed with an irritable uterus after going into early labor last week. I am 33 weeks and was 32 weeks when I was in the hospital. I know that this puts me at risk of delivering my LO early so I was wondering if any of you ladies had IU and delivered early or delivered full term.
imageimageimage

Re: irritable uterus

• Options

I had it.  Started having regular contractions at 32 weeks (every 8-10 minutes all day long, sometimes every 4-5 minutes).  Delivered at 35 weeks. 

ETA: Started having BH at 18 weeks, too.  

• Options
    I had it, but a milder case of it. My cervix started shortening at 24 weeks, but not enough to be put on bed rest, and I had contractions on and off from 17 weeks on. I ended up having a RCS at 40 weeks exactly because my body was still closed up like Fort Knox in terms of dilation, lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's what MFM called it when I was hospitalized for feelign pressure and cervix was shortening and I also had funneling at 21 weeks. I was on SBR from then on and went to 39w4d with DD. Sending you t&p's that LO will stay put for several more weeks til term.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tlk432tlk432 member
    I had it, starting around 20 weeks. Was in the hospital at 22 weeks with contractions thought they were BH and started taking procardia to help was also on prog shots. Delivered at 38 weeks 5 days. Good luck, and lots of good thoughts for you and your little one.
    image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had it starting around 27 weeks and was put on magnesium pills and an herbal medication (byrophyllum, I think it was called). I delivered at 34w1d, but that was due to HELLP and not to the IU. FWIW, my second pregnancy to make it to term I had no IU.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"