Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baptism Favors

Anyone here crafty/artsy? I need help choosing and presenting favors for our daughter's baptism. I like the idea of giving a magnet with my daughter's picture and date of the baptism (see attached picture). But it is kind of secular (I'm Greek Orthodox, our religion is very formal and I feel giving a magnet with a picture is kind of 'missing the point' of the entire baptism purpose) so I found these beautiful tins and keychains that have a icon picture on it with the virgin Mary and baby Jesus. The tins are small and beautiful and can fit maybe a few hershey kisses if I put something in them and the keychains are made by the same person and have the same beautiful icon. Anyway, I was thinking of somehow giving all 3, or maybe just the magnet and keychain or magnet and tin. But how do I present them? To me, it seems random to just package together a magnet and tin, or magnet and keychain. And I'm worried people won't like the tin or keychain or won't have a use for it. It's also expensive for every person to have 1 of everything so I was thinking 1 package per family? Maybe I could present all 3 pieces unwrapped, and guests could choose what to take? How could I properly present that so that guest would know to only take 1 and do you think it's too complicated of an idea? ergh... so frustrating. any ideas or help greatly appreciated :)

Re: Baptism Favors

• Cannot see because am on moible, but do your guests have a lot of small children? If so, would the items be a choking hazard?

Could envision wrapping them together with thin ribbon going around the items to package them together.

Am personally not a fan of spending a lot of money on things others may not want or need. Could see getting the items for your LO as keep sakes though. No clue if it would be appropriate for your Church, however what about a prayer card? Could have a hymn or passage that is significant and possibly the dates and a photo?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLalaMama81:
    I'll be honest, I would not put the magnet up, I would not use the keychain and the tin would get tossed after we ate the candy.nbsp;I am not a big fan of nonedible favors for these things for this reason. It's just overpriced junk. If everyone is of the same religion and you think this will be special to them, fine. If not I'd do something like a little photo card thanking them for coming and sharing in the special day you can even make a donation or something. nbsp;

These are my feelings too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think favors in general are missing the point of a baptism, TBH. No one needs more things to clutter their fridge or countertops. Donate $ to your church, to a cause dear to your heart, or take everyone out for lunch afterwards. Sorry! It sounds like you put a lot of thought into it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • a&aka&ak member
    I made chocolate pops for our guests.  It was time consuming but everyone loved that it was homemade.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"