Multiples
Options

One twin sleeping longer than the other?

Hi all,

Hoping you could offer some advice regarding sleeping through the night. DD and DS go to sleep for the night around 8 pm, and then DD typically wakes up around 5:30 am (at which point I wake DS, if he hasn't woken up from the noise already, and do a tandem feeding). Both babies usually go back to sleep for awhile, and then get up for the day around 8:30 or 9 am.

I am pretty sure that DS would just sleep through that first feeding if I let him. However, we've always heard "one up both up" with twins. Any tips for getting DD to sleep for longer?

Thanks! 

Twins November 2012!

Re: One twin sleeping longer than the other?

• Options
    I have one twin that does that. I just feed her because her sister will sleep. I have tried just giving her the binky back and rubbing her back but most of the time I just will feed her and our her back in bed. Some days she wil sleep til like 730 and then I just get her sister up after she finishes. Right now I am on summer break so we really don't have to get up. Once I go back to work I will probably wake both of them to feed them tantrum before we leave for the day. Good luck
  • Options
    I usually feed them both at 6, but only because they're both awake! If Max would keep sleeping, I'd let him. If DD is going back to sleep, the one-up, both-up is kind of moot because they're staying on the same schedule. I'd let them just dictate things for a couple of days and see how it goes. Generally ours go to bed at 8, wake up around 6 and then go back to sleep until 7:30 or so, with naps at 10 and 3.
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have same issue and always woke the other one. Last night we let the one CIO and low and behold they slept til 7 when we woke them! Today we started 4 hour easy schedule, naps are better and so are feedings

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options

Thanks, guys. I may try just feeding DD and letting DS sleep. DD has been staying up the past few mornings after that first feeding, so I'll have to whether that is going to be a permanent thing for her.

The one potential pitfall with only feeding DD is if DS wakes up an hour after I feed DD (because DS would be missing the early feeding he normally gets woken up for). Then the babies would be on different schedules, which isn't great... though, at this point, I'm willing to try anything!

Thanks again! 

Twins November 2012!

• Options
    I've experimented with this with our boys. Both times the other twin woke up within an hour and I didn't save myself any sleep but letting the other sleep. One up both up 4 life it feels like.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"