Pregnant after 35

39 and I am what????

So I am 39 years old and recently found out that I was pregnant.  This will by my 6th pregnancy.  I miscarried last March with twins.  My first pregnancy at 22 was ended by severe ecclampsia.  I have three beautiful children, Brady - 15 (birth weight of 9 lbs), Beau - 9 (birth weight of 9 lbs, 4 oz.) and Belle - 8 (birth weight of 10 lbs, 2 oz.) all born via C-section.

According to the sonogram, I am 6 weeks and two days pregnant which actually goes along with what I thought was my LMP. Crazy!!  Especially because I have such off the wall long periods!  Needless to say, during my C-section with this one, my husband will be on a table right next to me getting his vasectomy that my OB ordered him to get 6 years ago!!  LOL

I just wanted to introduce myself on here as I really never thought I was going to be pregnant and 40 (November 2013). 

I wish you all and myself, Healthy and Happy pregnancies!!   and since this is my 6 pregnancy......feel free to ask me anything! 

Re: 39 and I am what????

• Welcome and congrats
    I am also 39 :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome and Congrats!!

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and the part about your husband getting a vasectomy right next to you is hysterical. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sorry for your losses and wish you a very healthy pregnancy. Looks like I will be giving birth at 40 right about the time you will be turning 40, but this will be my first. I have experienced several losses so I understand it can be scary. Welcome to PG35!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Congratulations! I am also 39; turning 40 this August and due in October.

• LOL!  When I told him that I was pregnant again, he said, I guess it is time for me to get the Vasectomy.  I said, you think?? 
  • Your story sounds a lot like mine. This is also my 6th pregnancy and I have 3 children. My husband as well was supposed to get a vasectomy and here we are again... I'm pregnant at 39! My due date is March 24 and I will be 40 on March 27. He will definitely be getting the vasectomy this time no matter what happens with our pregnancy!!

My first two pregnancies ended at 12 & 13 weeks. They were what they used to term anembryonic or blighted ovum, now I think they call them missed miscarriages. My children are 8, 6 and 4... the first two are girls and the third is a boy, so we're hoping for another boy this time, fingers crossed!!!

I had gestational diabetes with both my girls, but not my son. Is this weird or has anyone else experienced this? I had complete placenta previa with my son and I was on bed rest from 30-37 weeks when he was born.

Now, although I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm apprehensive to say the least. With my history and my age, I'm a little scared, but I hope that through this group my nerves will be calmed! I had a LEEP done 3 years ago, so when I go to first appointment on August 6th I hope to get good news on the length of my cervix.

Sorry to hog your post, seriously, I just thought it was wild that we had so many similarities and got excited... lol.

Good luck!!!
  • That is crazy!!  I don't know if I am more freaked out over the pregnancy or that I am going to be 40 with a baby!!!  I know that people have babies over 40 every day......But I started having mine in my 20's! 

faeriespirals - We should keep tabs!!

• Congratulations! Best of luck with everything.
  • Congrats! I'm also 39... Turning 40 in November.. AND I am 11 weeks pregnant. My youngest is 11 years old.. So this little baby will be spoiled to say the least.
  • Thanks for posting.  I know I'm going to have lots of questions as my pregnancy progresses.  I'm 39, 12 weeks pregnant with my first (a girl), BF is 50 (this is his first too), and EDD is Feb 17th.  We're both surprised, overwhelmed but grateful that so far, baby girl is healthy.  I have had NO pregnancy symptoms other than the lack of my period and sore/larger boobs.  I'm not showing at all so I think I'm in a bit of denial.  I know there's a baby in there b/c I saw her on the US but otherwise...I'm not entirely convinced.

My first question to all the moms on here, what has your OB told you about not sleeping on your back?  I am a back sleeper (I'm been told I look like I'm in a coffin when I go to bed) and I've read that I have to start sleeping on my side ASAP.  I don't have any discomfort when I'm on my back so it's hard for me to adjust.  But I don't want to starve my baby of oxygen...or is this whole thing overblown? 

Any thoughts/opinions/advice welcome!

Thanks!
  • Bah, you can sleep on your back for as long as it's comfortable. The concern is that the weight of the baby will compress blood vessels and decrease the amount of oxygen you both receive. As you get bigger it won't be comfortable to sleep on your back and you'll naturally move. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Congrats!
    Rylee Jane 9/8/07 After 2 years TTC
    Reagan Lynn 2/23/12 After 3 years TTC & 6 mos 150mg Clomid
    TTC #3 Since 4/2012
    m/c 1/2013 at 5 weeks
    m/c 8/2013 at 5 weeks
  • Congrats!  I had my first "surprise" at 40, too.  We now have 3 children, DD's 15 and 12 and a DS almost 5.  My 4th c-section is scheduled for 9/9, another DS.  I will be 45!!  We've moved from surprise to shock!
    Jessica (44) married to DH (50) for 17 years DD - 3/27/98 DD - 01/11/01 DS - 09/30/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"