Minnesota Babies
Options

First time posting - feeling a little nervous - UPDATE

I was actually going to wait to post in here until I was 12 weeks along (I'm about 7 weeks now) but I'm feeling a little nervous and I feel like this could help.

My husband and I found out about four weeks ago that we're expecting our first child and it's been quite the ride since then! It's hard for me to believe that someone so small is already causing so many changes in me. I've experienced light cramping for about three weeks but I've read from a lot of different (and reliable) sources that it's not anything to worry about if there isn't any blood associated with it.

Well, this evening I went to the bathroom and after I wiped I noticed a little blood on the toilet paper. I called the maternity care center at Woodwinds (where I hope to deliver) and they were not the most helpful. Really, how could they be? I haven't even had my first appointment yet. So then I called my mom (who is a nurse and has given birth to 6 children herself) and she recommended to just take it easy, not do any heaving lifting (yeah, we're also in the process of moving. Oh joy), and to make an appointment with one of the midwives right away in the morning.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? How did it turn out for you?

I just had a whirlwind morning going to see a midwife and getting an ultrasound. Long morning short, everything is totally fine :D. Turns out I just have a yeast infection and need to leave the rest of the moving to my family. 

Re: First time posting - feeling a little nervous - UPDATE

• Options
    I experienced several instances of bleeding while I was pregnant. I went on progesterone suppositories to attempt to sustain the pregnancy and it worked : My son was born in April. I would just go in to get checked out in the morning. Good luck!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my second I had some spotting prior to 8 weeks.  It was always after going to the bathroom.  TMI -  I talked with my OB and she believed it was due to the lovely constipation that comes with pregnancy and while going #2 it breaks some of the enlarged blood vessels on the cervix.  She had me do a viability ultrasound at 8 weeks to ease my nerves.  Try to relax and call your regular OB in the morning.  Sending good vibes!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yikes, I know what you're going through. I am 15 weeks and 5 days and have bled twice once each during the past 2 weekends. I have Health Partners insurance, and they have a Baby Care Nurse Line that is always available so I called them both times, and then went to the clinic during the business week to hear baby's heartbeat.

You've received good advice rest up and don't do any heavy lifting. The nurses on the phone said take it easy and don't do heavy lifting no more than 2 pounds, and my doctors said during the apprs that I can carry on as usual. My husband also a doctor prefers that I continue to take it easy just in case.

I bet, though, that each situation is unique, so if you're concerned, I suggest advocating for yourself and getting in to see someone if anything, it'll give you some peace of mind, and if you have questions the doctor is there for discussion.

Good luck, and be well :o
  • Options

Thanks again, everyone! Jeffandspark especially, I wasn't totally sure what constituted "heavy lifting" so I'm glad to have a number to go by.

The nurse-midwife appointment line for HealthEast opens at 8 am so I'm anxiously awaiting the next 7 minutes, haha. 

• Options
    Glad everything is okay! Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Options
    Thanks for the FYI! I wasn't totally sure how to approach the situation because I haven't actually met with my midwife yet. But this is great to know if anything happens in the future :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"