VBAC after 2 CS — The Bump
VBAC

VBAC after 2 CS

Just wondering if a VBAC could be considered after 2 CS. With my first, I was induced 3 days before my due date and stopped progressing at 4cm which ended in CS. My second was a scheduled RCS. We are starting TTC and I would love to be able to have a VBAC. I would definitely wait this time until my body was ready or I was further past my due date before making any decisions on induction. My two babies were 15 months apart and I am so saddened by the thought of never experiencing a true birth.

Re: VBAC after 2 CS

  • There are lots of success stories of VBA2C and now the ACOG guidelines recommend a trial of labor for most moms after 2 c-sections, whereas before, they recommended a RCS.  Talk to your doctor.  If your OB isn't supportive, get a second opinion.  Weigh all the risks and options.  This is your body, your future baby and your experience.
    Pregnancy Ticker

    M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I was going to say the exact same thing. 

    My OB wanted an automatic RCS, but once I realized ACOG's guidelines had changed, it gave me the courage to keep looking. I left 3 OBs offices nearly in tears after getting told No, followed by a lecture to stop looking to change OBs. But the 4th OB, she knew of the guidelines already and told me she believed it was better for me in the long run, and would be my new OB. That felt pretty great and I'm so glad I kept looking! :D
    Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
    I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

    photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one! Find a great OB to ensure your best chance at success!

    image

  • Anyone know when this new guideline came out?  I've had 1 successful vaginal birth followed by 2 c/s.  I just delivered in May and a few days before my RCS my OB said that I couldn't VBA2C.  We were hoping for a VBAC but I got to 41w and had made little progress and obviously no labor.  My OB didn't feel comfortable with me going past 41w.  I could've stretched it another 2 days (I know 100% what my EDD was but my OB based it off of 1st c/s), but it would've worked out better for our family overall to have it the 2 days sooner.  I can have 3 more c/s with my OB's comfort level.  Not that I plan on delivering 50 kids, but I hate knowing that there's a certain amount and every baby I deliver is one less I can (I previously had a surrogate baby and plan to carry for another couple again).

    GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL
    !
    babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • It's been part of ACOGs guidelines since at least 2010. At my next appointment, I find out whether I will be able to have a vba2c. https://www.acog.org/About ACOG/News Room/News Releases/2010/Ob Gyns Issue Less Restrictive VBAC Guidelines.aspx
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Joy+BabyNumber3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards