Multiples
Options

a few questions

1.  When should I start packing a hospital bag 2. Is there anything different if I know its going to be a csection 3. This is SO random...but I listen to headphones at night and keep worrying about the volume...but then it occured to me the babies dont hear what I hear through my ears but what they can hear through my stomach right?

After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."

Re: a few questions

• Options
    SwetaVSwetaV member
    1. Never too early, I packed mine really early bc I'm a planner. I would suggest making a list of things to go in the bag that you may use up until the day of and have it checked off before you take off for the hospital, it helped us a ton!
    2. I had a csection and I would just suggest packing looser fitted yoga pants and dresses to wear if you want to get out of the hospital gown.
    3. From what I know and have heard, babies can not hear what you're listening to through headphones. I could be wrong...just what I've heard.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1)  Like the other poster said, it's never too early.  And a list is a really good idea.  I had my partially packed.  At 34 weeks, my OB called me in to check my bloodwork & blood pressure again, & I went straight to labor & delivery due to preeclampsia.  I didn't have a chance to grab my bag, nonetheless, finish packing it!  But once the babies arrived & we were settled in the room, my husband had a chance to go home & get it.  So it worked out afterall.

2)  Yoga pants are a good idea.  I just wore home maternity yoga pants & was fine.

3)  Sorry don't have an answer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If your having a csection, I did unplanned, I would suggest dresses. I would also suggest larger than you would normally wear slippers. You will want something to walk around the hospital room in and my feet were to swollen for my normal house slippers
  • Options

I had a lot of swelling post c/s and I had to wear hubby's sneakers without laces just to get something on my feet the first week. Like PP, my normally large house slippers I'd brought wouldn't fit.

I had highwaisted maternity pants with the softer yoga-type panel, not the drawstring, and  high waist Granny panties. The disposable undies my hospital had were useless.

Whatever type of outfit(s) you pack, keep in mind if you're planning to BF or pump, that it's so much easier on you if you wear a good nursing bra and nursing access outfit.

It's never too early at this stage to pack, at least the necessities, and make a list of things to grab, especially in case someone else has to do that for you.

Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    I never packed my bag until i was about to go to the hospital for the last time. i had been sent a few times, but i knew that last time i was going to be admitted rather than sent home. my bp had been creeping upwards for weeks and had just skyrocketed. i was 35w5d. i did however have a pile of a few things set aside, like travel toiletries that i wanted to bring. i had a list too, so i just had to look at that in my hurry to get to the hospital so i wouldn't forget any essentials.

they only thing i would recommend is to bring some stayfree overnights with wings. the hospital pads are okay, but i didn't get enough for my entire stay and the ones they gave me after the good ones were gone sucked. the stayfrees were what i used at home and had wished i brought. i found a robe necessary since you need to get up and walk several times a day, and flip flops or slippers with rubber soles. other than that you don't need much. ask for a binder once they start getting you up. it really helps.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"