December 2011 Moms
Options

Nervous for DS 18 month appt today

I hate a late december baby and his appt is not until today. This is our 3rd ped. that we've tried in the area. Wasn't a big fan of the last two, I want a doctor that's engaged and not just another kid they're seeing. Our first appt with speech therapist isn't till tomorrow and worried about what the doctor will say today about his talking. I actually thought and counted up the words he's saying including animal sounds and he's up to 12 so I guess that's better than I thought. I also don't know if he's supposed to get shots, guess we'll see what they say in a couple hours! Did anyone else have to fill out a bunch of paper work for 18 month appt? it's basically the same thing they had me fill out for EI which I thought was weird. And the MCHAT checklist.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Nervous for DS 18 month appt today

• Options

imageJmcmahon21:
    I hate a late december baby and his appt is not until today. This is our 3rd ped. that we've tried in the area. Wasn't a big fan of the last two, I want a doctor that's engaged and not just another kid they're seeing. Our first appt with speech therapist isn't till tomorrow and worried about what the doctor will say today about his talking. I actually thought and counted up the words he's saying including animal sounds and he's up to 12 so I guess that's better than I thought. I also don't know if he's supposed to get shots, guess we'll see what they say in a couple hours! Did anyone else have to fill out a bunch of paper work for 18 month appt? it's basically the same thing they had me fill out for EI which I thought was weird. And the MCHAT checklist.

Oops typo....I HAVE a late december baby..geez 

• Options
    No paperwork for us just a quick autism screening. DD didnot get any shots.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS2 is in the same boat, and Im not too worried. He is about 10 words regularly. I feel like every visit there is screening paperwork to fill out. I haven't been for our 18 month yet either. DS2 was sick for one visit early on and it pushed the schedule back a bit. Good luck with the appt! finding the right pedi is not easy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It went well, she was really nice and took a lot of time to talk to us about everything. She thought it was a good thing that we've already reached out for EI and to check back in 3 months to let her know how it's going. She thinks he'll catch up on his own, every kid is different so made me feel better.

• Options

imagecourtnayann:
    I'm glad it went well.  I was nervous about ours as well due to speech issues.  Ds luckily started to say three words the week of his appointment.  The doc was unconcerned as long as he added three more in the next two month which he has plus some! Phew! As far as paper work, our doc gives us a questionare that is optional and then charges us to go over the results.  So I skip it.  If I was worried I might do them.  It's called ages and stages.  

Did you do anything different when he started talking more or was it just his language explosion? DS has been making different sounds and saying a couple more words lately but no explosion yet. 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

We filled out a brief survey that had yes or no questions on it.

Actually, my pedi told me that they expect something like 5 words, which is much fewer words than I have heard discussed. I've heard some people say they expect as many as 25 but my pedi said no.

He did get a shot or two, but it's definitely not like at the 12 month mark.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Options
    imageMustardseed2007:

We filled out a brief survey that had yes or no questions on it.

Actually, my pedi told me that they expect something like 5 words, which is much fewer words than I have heard discussed. I've heard some people say they expect as many as 25 but my pedi said no.

He did get a shot or two, but it's definitely not like at the 12 month mark.

Yea my ped. said 15-20 words, i've heard a wide range of what they "expect" I'm not too concerned since he's making new sounds and trying to have a conversation :)

He ended up only getting one shot so not too bad, I guess they don't get any at 2 which surprises me but I'm fine with that! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"