October 2012 Moms
Options

what do you do at Swim Lessons?

I haven't been able to work them out yet but I do try to take E swimming at least once a week. Those who go- how long is your lesson? What do you do?

I was a swimmer growing up, on the swim team in high school, etc. used to life guard...I can prob do a lot just he and I for now! 

Re: what do you do at Swim Lessons?

• Options

We go once a week for lessons...they're very very loosly structured. We spend the first 10-15 min doing "ring around the rosie" and "here we go round the mountain" where we lift and lower the kids into the water and certain points, and hold them on their tummies, on their backs, etc. Then the rest of the class is spent with the instructor coming around to each of us individually and helping us help the kids to back float, or helping them "swim" to the mom/dad/caregiver (she basically faces us and holds the baby a foot away and then releases him/her with a big push, while the parent holds their arms out and catches them--so not really swimming!). When the instructor isn't with us, I just walk around the pool with my hands under LO's chest and him on his tummy, letting him kick in the water, or I practice the back float, or I blow bubbles at him. It lasts about 45 min-1 hour. 

At this age, I feel like it's mostly about getting familiar/comfortable in the water. I don't know that he's really learning any skills other than that.  

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    Ditto.  I like it because I probably wouldn't put L underwater by myself.  Hilsy, can you PM me where you go?  We're moving to Brooklyn end of Aug and trying to figure out if we want to continue with Imagine Swimming.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelegalbeagle1:
    Ditto.  I like it because I probably wouldn't put L underwater by myself.  Hilsy, can you PM me where you go?  We're moving to Brooklyn end of Aug and trying to figure out if we want to continue with Imagine Swimming.

Ooh we're in Brooklyn! PMing you now. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"