Food Allergy
Options

Soy challenge

DS was diagnosed mspi at a couple months old. He turned 1 at the end of June and per his GI dr we did a dairy challenge a few weeks before his birthday. He failed miserably. So back off dairy... Now we are supposed to do a soy challenge. The dr said to pick one thing and give it to him every day for a week, but to make sure it's the same thing. I'm not sure what to give him. Soy milk seems like too much to me, I don't know why. Maybe crackers or bread? If you've done this before with your LO what food did you give? DS never actually consumed any soy, he just had such a strong reaction to dairy that we were told to avoid soy also, so I'm hoping that he will pass this test so to speak with flying colors! Thanks for any help!
Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Soy challenge

• Options
    You could try some tofu but he might not like it enough to eat it. Maybe edamame or some tofu-based cheese like Tofutti. The soy milk is probably your easiest/cheapest bet though. Just don't give a huge cup of it, start small.
    We love our little guys!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    I'd start with soy in a baked item. When we were doing our dairy challenge/introuduction for DD the allerigst had us do a tiny piece of a cookie (or food of choice) and each day give her a just a slightly bigger piece. From baked goods we went to yogurt, cheese, and finally milk.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bread or waffle made with soy flour. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"