Multiples
Options

Awake time

The babies are 6 weeks old now! I'm on my own a lot and not sure what to do with them during the day??? What do u do when they don't need to eat but are both fussy and want to be held... They cry alot and don't want to be put down. I try their swings bouncy seats play mats. Then I just rotate who I am holding. It is exhausting. Also... How much formula were your babies drinking at 6 weeks babies over 20 lbs.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Awake time

• Options
    Back at that age I used to lay them on a pillow on our porch and they loved staring up at our huge trees, I would sing to them a lot. I rotated them in the safari playmat and the FP Piano kick gym the best thing ever throughout the day. It's so hard the first few months. At the 4 month mark it changes and from 6 months on its fun play. GL
  • Options

Our twin girls are 9 weeks old.  When they hit about 4-5 weeks old, they would cry and fuss all day long.  I was going out of my mind.  Finally after two weeks, I brought them to the pedi, and he suggested I try mylicon for gas after each bottle.  We did, and that helped so much.  So, not sure if you think your twins could be gassy or not, but I was desperate to try anything.  We also have a 2 year old son, so it's tough to juggle them and him at the same time.

We do tummy time 2-3 times a day for 10 mins at a time.  Other than that, I rotate holding them throughout the day, but also leave them in their bouncy and swings for the most part.  At this age, it's kind of hard to do anything else.

They would also have 4 to 41/2 oz at a feeding every 3-4 hours.

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"