Trouble TTC
Options

Beginning Treatment for last IUI, #6

Well, had my baseline today.  Start with follistim injections tonight.  As I was talking with the ultrasound tech I pretty much told her I am not expecting this last one to work.  This will be my 6th IUI, 3rd with injections.  I can't help but have this lousy attitude.  I am just so tired of getting my hopes up and then seeing a negative at the end of the tww.  I have already started researching IVF options.  I am going to ask my doctor what other tests I could have done while my husband is gone.  I never had a lap surgery.  I had my tubes unblocked with a different procedure, tubal cannulation.  Now, I am thinking should I have had the surgery to begin with?  So many questions are running through my head.  Not having any explanation is making my thoughts go in circles.  Thanks for reading, just feeling broken down.    
Me 36, Married TTC Since 2009
HSG = blocked tubes in March 2011
(Would have started work up sooner but husband deployed in 2010)
Tubes unblocked successfully in June 2011
TTC naturally no success (Husband deployed again in2011
Clomid IUI 3 rounds- Dec 2012, Jan. 2013, Feb. 2013 Failed
IUI # 4 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp.- April 2013-Failed
IUI # 5 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp - June 2013-Failed
IUI # 6 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp - June 2013-Failed
On a break while husband is deployed.  Will try to do more testing and prepare for IVF
strength quotes photo: strength strength.jpg

Re: Beginning Treatment for last IUI, #6

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling that way. I can relate a little bit because my head has also been going round and round. I feel lost and confused when I don't have a plan, and I ALWAYS doubt every decision I make. Hopefully this IUI will be it for you and you don't have to think about what comes next. ::hugs::
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Options
    Don't count yourself out.  I understand how you don't want to get your hopes up after all of the crap IF puts you through but it only takes ONE.  I really hope that this is your cycle and that your spirit renews.  Hope is a very bittersweet thing (I have a love/hate relationship with it) because it keeps you from despairing every adverse time in rour life but also keeps you aloft enough to make the fall of reality that much more heartbreaking.  I wish there was a button to turn it off--or a manual.  Rambling aside, keep your chin up an  know that you've got a lot of ladies rooting for you!  FX for some great follies!
    Actively TTC since 01/11
    Me: 06/12 Dx w/ IR PCOS (rx 2000 metformin) DH: SA all clear; looking good
    06/12-10/12- Clomid/Femara + trigger + TI + P4 = 3 BFNs, hysteroscopy, polypectomy, D&C
    11/12 - 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI + P4 = BFN
    12/12 - Surprise BFP ectopic (MTX 01/13)
    04/13 - Off the Bench! 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI #2 + estradiol + P4 = BFN
    05/13 Clear HSG-5 mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + IUI #3 + P4 = BFP ectopic (MTX 07/03 & 07/11)
    07/23 emergency lap to remove ectopic mass and left tube
    10/13 5mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + TI(follie on left/no IUI)=BFN
    11/13 Same as above but BFP!
    Beta #1 12dpo-51     Beta #2 15dpo-178
    12/5- There's something in my ute!!
    Keaton Alexander is here 07/24/2014 !!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in a similar situation.  Will have BETA for IUI #5 on Wed.  Not feeling hopeful and this was the 2nd IUI with injects.  Next cycle IUI #6 will be my final IUI.  I have also started researching IVF options as well.  This whole process is frustrating.  I totally understand where you are coming from.  I don't think IUI #6 will work but my insurance requires 6 IUIs before moving on.  Hang in there.  My RE says with IUI just bc one cycle didn't work doesn't mean the next one won't  Good luck.
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Options

Thank you ladies for your encouraging words.Having a place to vent, share, and learn more about IF has been so helpful.  Unless you are going through it, explaing your feelings about IF to someone is difficult.    

Baybdreams13, hope IUI #5 is better news than you think.

Me 36, Married TTC Since 2009
    HSG = blocked tubes in March 2011
    (Would have started work up sooner but husband deployed in 2010)
    Tubes unblocked successfully in June 2011
    TTC naturally no success (Husband deployed again in2011
    Clomid IUI 3 rounds- Dec 2012, Jan. 2013, Feb. 2013 Failed
    IUI # 4 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp.- April 2013-Failed
    IUI # 5 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp - June 2013-Failed
    IUI # 6 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp - June 2013-Failed
    On a break while husband is deployed.  Will try to do more testing and prepare for IVF
    strength quotes photo: strength strength.jpg
  • Options

I am so so sorry that you are feeling discouraged. I really hope that this one works for you and you don't need to worry about other options, but I totally get how optimism tends to dwindle after awhile.

If this isn't your cycle, I hope that you are able to get some good advice about how to move forward. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way.  

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options
    imagePrdUSMCWyf:

Thank you ladies for your encouraging words.Having a place to vent, share, and learn more about IF has been so helpful.  Unless you are going through it, explaing your feelings about IF to someone is difficult.    

Baybdreams13, hope IUI #5 is better news than you think.

Thank you and best of luck this cycle.   

***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"