1st Trimester
Options

Progesterone Suppositories, bleeding and freaking out..help!

Hi ladies

I need your help. So I had my first OB appt on Wednesday and ended up going on Tuesday since I woke up that morning, and I was spotting pinkish when I wiped in the morning. Based on my LMP, I should be 7 weeks, but when I went to the Dr, he did an internal u/s and he said I'm earlier than that (I never had a 28 day cycle). It was so early we werent able to hear a heartbeat, but he did see something on the u/s. As a precaution he put me on 2x a day progesterone suppositories. It is now Friday and my bleeding has increased since being on them. Is that normal? The spotting goes from brownish with spots, to actual red blood (a couple of mins ago). Light to mild cramping on and off, but nothing to make me say it hurts. The dr. did blood work on Wed and yesterday told me my levels were at 8000 and increased since last one and wants to see me in 2 weeks. I am SOOOO worried and freaking out about this bleeding which is not constant. My husband keeps on telling me its no big deal, but as you can imagine I am sooooo worried. Is this a major side effect of the suppositories? Have any of you ladies gone through this as well?

Hope to hear back from you guys....and pray for me xoxo

Re: Progesterone Suppositories, bleeding and freaking out..help!

• Options
    Hi I'm definitely not a doctor but I think the bleeding might be more from the hormone as opposed to the physical action of the suppository. Those two areas aren't mutually exclusive. I could be wrong but I don't think suppositories make your vagina bleed. : Definitely call your dr again. Best wishes.
  • Options
    I'm on them as well. I had spotting which stopped when I started the pills. Mine are oral pills that I take vaginally. I heard they can cause spotting but I'd call the office to make sure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never used suppositories but you could try posting this on the high risk board.  Those ladies might have some experience.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I took suppositories and would still bleed on and off throughout my pregnancy. Some people seem to just bleed. My doctor couldn't give me an explanation. But I know have a healthy baby! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    every pregnancy i have ever been on i have been on suppositories and i have never had any bleeding or spotting until this one. This pregnancy is actually going pretty well and my doctor keeps telling me not to worry about the spotting. i would ask for another hcg if you are worried. good luck and i hope everything is ok

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"