Baby Showers
Options

Anyone used BabyList registry?

Curious if anyone has used BabyList for their registry - did it work well for you? I like how you can compile things from multiple stores and websites, but fear it might confuse the olds in my fam.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone used BabyList registry?

• Options

I'm using it. My showers's next weekend so it's hard to say how well it's working... I think if I was going to do it all over again I probably would have stuck to Amazon's registry which allows you to also pull from other sites (though I went to babylist because I'm that person who wanted to buy from the random site but didn't always have the recipients address, which is a feature I like about babylist.) So far what I've noticed the biggest problem to be is that when you receive a gift via ups, there's nothing on the packaging that say who the sender is. So you have to go to babylist to see who sent it. If you were just using amazon registry, I think it puts a gift note or something??? I'm also concerned about duplicates, because the person has to reserve an item, then buy it - it's not an automatic update when an item is purchased.

As to the oldies... well so far no one over 50 has gotten anything off the registry that I can tell. It does confuse the sh!t out of my mother, who I think of as mildly tech savy.

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    I used it as well. My MIL was the only one to purchase anything off if it for our shower. I liked having it more so for myself. I had a nice list with links to the website and it was easy to known what we needed to order for baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can create a website that includes the shower details. On the website you can add the details of the registry specifically so that you can avoid the chances of confusion and ambiguity. My sister had done the same. She had registered with our wishing well and got the facility to create a personalized website for the occasion. This helped the guest to look the registry information nicely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"