Food Allergy
Options

mspi further elimination..?

I have seven month old twins that have mspi. It took a LONG time to figure out with basically no help from the ped or the GI dr. They didn't really have very typically symptoms...basically a LOT of screaming and very infrequent green mucous poop. It seems to be under control now with the elimination of dairy and soy from my diet (they are finally happy and seldom scream). poop is still not right, but the GI Dr said they'll grow oy of it and it Wilson improve once we start solids. Meanwhile, one of the twins is not gaining weight well at all. They want me to supplement a bottle a day with rice thickened nutramigen and she hates it and won't drink it. The other one is gaining okay though, so I don't think it is supply. I did a weighted feedbg this morning and she took in 5 oz. I wonder if she is still being exposed to the bad proteins and it is causing damage somehow, and if so if I should eliminate more from my diet. I don't know what the next logical step.is. basically the doctors have mostly proven to be useless, so I feel.like I am on my own. They also have reflux and are on zantac for it (the ped GI didn't want to switch to a PPI as he didn't fill the benefitsnwoukd outweigh the risks. Did I mention useless? I think their big problem is food intolerance though...and it also scares me to even think about starting solids.

Re: mspi further elimination..?

• Options
    So sorry for typos....autocorrect hates me.
  • Options
    how deeply have you cut dairy and soy? Hidden sources as well? How long have you been off dairy and soy? It takes a while for the protein to leave the body. Some people also try to avoid eggs, nuts and gluten. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been off dairy for 5 months and soy for 4-4 1/2. I am pretty diligent about making sure I am not eating hidden dairy/soy. I can always tell though if there is anything hidden as they will be screaming within 2 hours of nursing.
  • Options
    Eggs and nuts are next. It's a rough time, with all four gone!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    After I cut out dairy and soy, DS got much better, but like your LOs, his poop was still just not right. I knew something was still lingering in my diet. So I cut out eggs and peanuts, and then wheat. Poops improved after I cut out wheat (we also started solids around this time, but he still had occassional blood in his still until I cut out wheat). So I think your instinct is right. Now, we never had issues with weight gain, so I'm not sure about that. Sorry your docs are so unhelpful. I hope you get things figured out soon!
  • Options

I'm really late to this post, but I agree that it could be something else in your diet that is upsetting your LO.  For my LO I ended up eliminating dairy, soy, eggs, nuts and tomatoes (too acidic for him).  But it was a struggle to figure that out, I ended up on a total elimination diet.  You could try an elimination diet, or you could start smaller and eliminating some or all of the other top 8 allergens (dairy,soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, eggs, shellfish, fish).

Here is some info that was extremely helpful to me when I first started elimination foods:

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/feeding-infants-toddlers/food-allergies/elimination-diet

https://kellymom.com/health/baby-health/food-sensitivity/#specificlink

Elimination Diets video: https://bit.ly/yL1gFN

HTH, and hang in there!  

Rachel Mom to 3 boys Augustboy02 - Sensational Sensory Kid Decemberboy04 -former reflux baby Augustboy10 - MFPI baby
  • Options
    I forgot I posted this (and basically reposted again today same question! Mommy brain!). Thanks for your answers.....I am just kind of gearing up and mentally.preparing to either eliminate wheat or go whole hog and do the TED. Not sure which though. I kind of wish something was more definitively wrong so it would be easier to.jump.into, but then again....something IS wrong. There is a reason she doesn't gain and their poop.is not right. I had two other ebf babies and their poop was NEVER like this.
  • Options
    I would recommend cutting one at a time if you can stand it. I did TED and now I can't figure out what is bugging my lo. I wish I had done one at a time because introducing something new is still awful when he reacts badly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"