October 2012 Moms

FFFC

I pick up food E drops on the floor and put it back on his plate.

5 second rule

Re: FFFC

• the floor below his highchair is probably the most sanitary spot in the house seeing how often I have to clean up under there!

• imageJessica614:
    imagelady dixneuf:

5 second rule

Ha! I do that for myself, haven't for K and L though.

Mine: I saw this in another thread. We have left K and L in their cribs when they were about 2 months old to put up Christmas decorations outside. We had the monitor and they were sleeping. I also leave them to go get the mail. MOTY here

Trying to figure out what is wrong with this.... and can't.  You had the monitor on, what is flameworthy?

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKittery16:
    imageJessica614:
    imagelady dixneuf:

5 second rule

Ha! I do that for myself, haven't for K and L though.

Mine: I saw this in another thread. We have left K and L in their cribs when they were about 2 months old to put up Christmas decorations outside. We had the monitor and they were sleeping. I also leave them to go get the mail. MOTY here

Trying to figure out what is wrong with this.... and can't.  You had the monitor on, what is flameworthy?

Ditto Kittery. I don't see flameworthy about any of it.

I give E Cheerios that have been sitting out on his tray all night.

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• CbeanzCbeanz member

I really wanted a soda this morning but didn't want to get the baby out of the car so I went to the closest drive through.  McDonald's.  And I figured, while I'm here I might as well get a couple breakfast burritos.  

I'm so ashamed.  McD's is the worst in every way!

Which reminds me I need to destroy all evidence before H finds out. 

• imageCbeanz:

I really wanted a soda this morning but didn't want to get the baby out of the car so I went to the closest drive through.  McDonald's.  And I figured, while I'm here I might as well get a couple breakfast burritos.  

Yes 

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    Speaking of leaving your baby... Can I put the baby in the car, then run back inside to grab another armload of stuff?  I am too nervous to do this so it makes packing the car extra difficult every morning.  Technically she'd be in a car on the street alone for 30 seconds.
  • imageCbeanz:
    Speaking of leaving your baby... Can I put the baby in the car, then run back inside to grab another armload of stuff?  I am too nervous to do this so it makes packing the car extra difficult every morning.  Technically she'd be in a car on the street alone for 30 seconds.

I had this happen to me, I just had to go inside the front door which was about 6 feet away. I just couldn't leave her cause that's when someone would jump in the car and drive off. (even though I am in the most quiet neighborhood ever).  

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    imageChrisG83:

imageCbeanz:

I had this happen to me, I just had to go inside the front door which was about 6 feet away. I just couldn't leave her cause that's when someone would jump in the car and drive off. (even though I am in the most quiet neighborhood ever).  

I KNOW!  Or I'd trip and fall inside the house and not be able to get back to the car and it would get too hot in there and she would get heat exhaustion.  The possibilities are endless.

• CbeanzCbeanz member

imageThisIsBrea:
    imageCbeanz:
    Speaking of leaving your baby... Can I put the baby in the car, then run back inside to grab another armload of stuff? nbsp;I am too nervous to do this so it makes packing the car extra difficult every morning. nbsp;Technically she'd be in a car on the street alone for 30 seconds.
    I do this. But we have an attached garage. I feel like he's safer in there than unsupervised in the house, and he'll scream if I put him in his crib. I leave the door open so I can hear him. And it's never more than a couple minutes. That being said, not sure if I'd do it if we had to park on the street.

H's pimp car is in the attached garage.   He keeps offering to park on the street but I know his car would get broken into like every night.

• DH & I also take the baby monitor with us some nights after the kids go to bed and do yard work. It's still light out and we need to get that stuff done anyway. I see nothing wrong with working right outside your house so long as your monitor still is working.

I also have an attached garage that we park in and if I forget something will leave the kids and run in and grab it real quick - see no issue with that as well.

I like to pay a lot for handbags, it's my vice.  

DD - 7/15/09 DS - 10/21/12
  • I always have to leave a baby in the car while I go get the other. I start the car beforehand so the air is on, and I make sure the baby inside is somewhere safe.

As you all know, you pretty well have to vacuum all the time because they will find any and every tiny piece of junk in the carpet. The other day I was bfing Julie while K was playing on the carpet. Naturally K found a tiny shred of paper. I just let her swallow it. Meh.

• you gotta do what you gotta do, ladies. (re: leaving LO for a few min). The party thing is crazy though.

This isn't a confession but I have an ear infection. WTF? 

• I had a bag of mini reeses for breakfast. No regrets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    imagelady dixneuf:

you gotta do what you gotta do, ladies. (re: leaving LO for a few min). The party thing is crazy though.

I also had a (middle) ear infection as an adult.  You must be in so much pain.  Are you on meds?

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    Baby is sick so I'm WFH today.  What a joke.
  • Dd1 is being so mean to me.

I think people who have 8 and 10 kids are demented. How the eff could you parent so many kids effectively?
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrs.G123:
    Dd1 is being so mean to me. I think people who have 8 and 10 kids are demented. How the eff could you parent so many kids effectively?

how could you spend like 6 years of your life pregnant with little kids? Jesus! 

• imageCbeanz:
    imagelady dixneuf:

you gotta do what you gotta do, ladies. (re: leaving LO for a few min). The party thing is crazy though.

I also had a (middle) ear infection as an adult.  You must be in so much pain.  Are you on meds?

yeah I got a zpack and some ear drops that i have to go pick up at the pharmacy.

it hurts like a motherf*cker! 

• imageThisIsBrea:

imageMrs.G123:
    Dd1 is being so mean to me. I think people who have 8 and 10 kids are demented. How the eff could you parent so many kids effectively?

My grandma had 11 kids. That essentially means she was pregnant non-stop from 25 until 45 when she stopped having kids. She is Irish Catholic, I think she defined the term "Irish Twins." I don't know if I'd call her "demented"...but completely nuts, absolutely. Just a sign of their times I guess, my grandpa was a big drinker at the time, minus birth control (as they were Catholic) and you get what you get I guess. Ha ha. I totally agree though. Seriously at this point, 2 kids scares me. I think that will change if Ev ever properly sleeps, but we'll see.

That being said, my family is freaking amazing. Ten of the 11 kids live near my grand parents, and each other. We see each other multiple times a year...essentially having a giant party for random events. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm actually only 4 years younger than my youngest aunt. It's fun being a part of a huge family that gets along. So my grandma's crazy paid off.  

she practiced what is known as "Irish Birth Control:"

you can't get pregnant if you're already pregnant. 

• the lotsa kids thing is also a sign of our changing times.

No one can afford 11 kids now. One income families are becoming increasingly unusual. It's bc of the soaring costs of college, etc. the growing gap between the poor and wealthy, etc.

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    imagelady dixneuf:

she practiced what is known as "Irish Birth Control:"

you can't get pregnant if you're already pregnant. 

HAHAHA!!!  IRISH BIRTH CONTROL!!!  I am totally going to use this term. 

• Yesterday my husband broke his iphone so I went to the Apple store to get a new one. In the middle of working with an employee she decided to take her break. WTF?! She walked away and said she would be back in a second. After a few minutes I couldn't find her so I ask someone and they told me she took her break. I told the manager what happened and said what kind of an idiot does this? Okay this isn't really a confession I just wanted to share :-)

Okay here is a confession: I am scared of my upstairs without my nightlight on in the hallway. Also on Ashleys video monitor she has this one floaty thing go over her crib and it weirds out me and my husband. It's always moves in the same direction and speed. 

• imageChrisG83:

Also on Ashleys video monitor she has this one floaty thing go over her crib and it weirds out me and my husband. It's always moves in the same direction and speed. 

This would freak me out so bad.  I get creeped out just reading this!

Last Wed when I got DD out of the crib in the morning she soaked the bed overnight.  I didn't have time to change the sheet, since I grab DD last thing to change her right before we run out the door so I can get to work.  After work, we left to go away for the 4th and when we got back a few days later I had forgot about the sheet and we put her to bed on the same pee covered sheet. The worst part is I didn't realize it until the second night after she was already asleep in her crib....but instead of getting her up we left her to sleep...face down in it.

• imageKittery16:
    imageCbeanz:

Yes 

My kid wouldn't nap and was being a fussalupagus. I told myself if he didn't fall asleep in 15 minutes. I was putting him in the car and going through the MacDonalds drive thru for fries and a milkshake. Of course he fell asleep five minutes later.

• imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    I always have to leave a baby in the car while I go get the other. I start the car beforehand so the air is on, and I make sure the baby inside is somewhere safe. As you all know, you pretty well have to vacuum all the time because they will find any and every tiny piece of junk in the carpet. The other day I was bfing Julie while K was playing on the carpet. Naturally K found a tiny shred of paper. I just let her swallow it. Meh.

The other day it was really hot and Elijah and I had been grocery shopping. When we got out to the car, I decided to turn it on and get the air going before I put him in. Well, somehow I managed to look the car, with my keys inside and it running. Thankfully, I had not put Elijah in or my phone yet. I dd feel incredibly stupid and am now worried that I will lock Elijah in the car. So, I open the windows and make sure I have my keys before putting him in the car.

• H and I had did the deed on our front porch the other night.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • imagemorrkim:
    H and I had did the deed on our front porch the other night.

high five! 

• nealblnealbl member

I have one!

On 6-9 months there is a post about order of teeth coming in.

My FFFC: I had no idea there was a specific order that teeth came in. I kow juicy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecerratocc:

imagemorrkim:

high five! 

skills.

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • imageKittery16:
    imagecerratocc:

imagemorrkim:

high five! 

skills.

You are badass! 

• imagesgreen13:
    imageapreaves:
    imagesgreen13:
    imageKittery16:
    imagecerratocc:

imagemorrkim:

high five! 

skills.

Did you have your baby out there with you? If not it meant you were on your porch while your child was sleeping in the house alone. Some folks here do not feel that is appropriate parenting.  

I'm pretty sure we already discussed that being on your porch and being at a neighbor's house are totally different. Don't try to make yourself feel better by saying the two are alike.

No guilt here. That was sarcasm. I will enjoy sharing all of this drama with my neighbors. 

We were right next to her bedroom window with the baby monitor with us as well. 

Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • We don't even have any type of monitor.  We left DD asleep in her crib a few weeks ago when the drunk driver hit our house- to assess the damage, talk to the police and go to the neighbor's porch to talk to her about it.  We were out of the house for over an hour.  DD survived. 
  • I agree with what MBM said about it being situational. Perhaps the line is even though there was a baby monitor it is that the house is not being monitored? Meaning if someone was at the front door or if something was happening in another part of the house she would not have known. Again it's situational and there are so many scenarios that you could add in to this. 90 minutes does seem like a long time though.
  • In light if the intruder who walked in our front door while the sun was still up, I have never but would never leave my kids home with the monitor to go down the block. I think it is def. flameworthy to do it, and if I were the hostess of that party I would be very uncomfortable with the situation.
    Birthday

• In light if the intruder who walked in our front door while the sun was still up, I have never but would never leave my kids home with the monitor to go down the block. I think it is def. flameworthy to do it, and if I were the hostess of that party I would be very uncomfortable with the situation. Plus, fire.
    Birthday

• CbeanzCbeanz member

Wow I left too soon holy crap.  

Leaving an infant for 90 min when here I am too nervous to leave her in the car for 30 seconds to get my bags.  Just... wow! 

• This is really interesting. people do this ALL THE TIME in our neighborhood.  In fact they do a make your own monitor thingy where you call a cell or home phone using your cell and answer it putting it in the baby's room and then leave don't hang up.  Instant monitor for when you are clearly out of range of your real one.  No one blinks at this.  I did go to a neighborhood party last year using my monitor while ds and dd slept in the house.  Of course this was our neighbors behind us and we can see the kids window from the party house's back yard.  I was gone roughly 30 minutes.  I kind of think if the monitor was still in range they were really close.  My video monitor wont even pick up a signal from my basement.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Wow I missed a lot

I've dealt w CPS a lot recently. In my non official opinion they wouldn't use this case alone to do anything but it puts you on the radar and this fact among many may be used against the parent.

They DO have to investigate any call that comes in though and it's a nightmare to deal w them. I should add I was not being investigated.

What other people do is their business but I can't imagine leaving my baby like that. H and I just switched off now to go to a party.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"