Working Moms

Why I work

It is for the cleaning lady.  Seriously.  That is it.

I can talk about the mental stimulation, adult conversation, complex problem solving, yada, yada.  But at the end of the day if given the option to SAH, my only question would, be "Can I keep my weekly cleaning lady?"  And if the answer was no then I would keep working.

Re: Why I work

• Seriously.

If I could not keep my cleaning lady I would consider it financially unfeasible to stay home. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agreed!  1000%!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

**like** post

After my divorce I had to cut down expenses. I cut corners everywhere and kept the cleaning lady. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So jealous! I want to hire one but can't get hubby on board, hmm...::plotting and scheming ways to get my way:: haha
  • I totally agree.  DH has told me that he would give up cable and his cell phone before giving up our cleaning service.  This is the man who loves his tv and his phone and had to be convinced to try out a housecleaner.
  • I've had one since I couldn't move much pregnant with twins, I stayed home this year and still had them come, there's no time with kids to clean!!!! I will be keeping them when I go back to work too! Biweekly though.
  • imageClaryPax:
    Ha ha, I agree. Unfortunately DH will probably want me to cancel the cleaning lady when the kids get older.

When DH started hinting about cutting the cleaning lady, I started pushing the idea of her coming more often. We "compromised" by letting her continue the same schedule shes on.

Not my proudest moment, but my time is better served not scrubbing toilets tyvm!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I finally treated myself to a cleaning person last month, and my life has changed for the better. Even DH commented on how super clean it was and is now fully on board.

I don't know why I waited so long!

• Ha ha! Love it!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • eec129eec129 member
    Love this post! How often do you all have someone come in? I've been thinking about it but not sure of frequency. Once a month would be awesome for me! But I'd do more if it was affordable.
    DD: 1/8/12
    DS: 3/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageClaryPax:
    Ha ha, I agree. Unfortunately DH will probably want me to cancel the cleaning lady when the kids get older.

We love ours.  My husband was skeptical until she came once and then he was even more on board than I was.  He loves coming home to a clean house.

However, once our kids are old enough, I will have them clean the house. 

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• SoMoNYSoMoNY member

imageFreshlyWashed:
    So jealous! I want to hire one but can't get hubby on board, hmm...::plotting and scheming ways to get my way:: haha

Start small and have someone come before a big event like if you host a holiday.  Or have someone come in every other month to do a real deep down cleaning.

This is what worked for me. Somebody had to admit it was nice to come home from work on Friday to a really clean house and not to have to spend part of Sat catching up on housework. 

• We are moving at the end of August and I'm hoping I can convince my DH to hire someone, even if it's once a month!
  • I feel like the odd ball, I'm the sick person who actually enjoys cleaning although I have to admit the house is not as clean as it was before our son came into the world. But it's workable. I don't think DH would ever let me hire a cleaning person. Every Saturday MH has daddy/son time and I spend three hours cleaning. 

Okay, time to call me crazy! LOL! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my first and have had a cleaning lady for 2 years while the hubs and I were working full time and getting our Masters in the evening.  I'm curious - how often do you have your cleaning lady come?  We used to have every-other-week but now it's monthly.  I'm thinking about proposing going back to more frequent cleanings and just wondered if I'm being greedy :)  I will be going back to work after baby is 3 mos or so.

Thanks!

• We have our housekeeper come once per week. I admit that we could do every other week but the house does need to be cleaned weekly so either she comes every week or I get stuck cleaning on the in between weeks OR we live with a dirty house every other week which just doesn't work for me.

My single friend who has no pets has our same cleaning lady every three weeks and her home is always immaculate.

Our lady is awesome. She even does laundry for us and occasionally watched DD. she treats us like family and we try to treat her in kind. In any case we definitely have a relationship with her beyond some random person who comes to clean. As a result she really goes above and beyond for us. we love her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"