August 2012 Moms
Options

UO

2»

Re: UO

• Options
    imageMandaKay:
    I don't know how people go go go on vacation.nbsp; My idea of a vacation is sitting around be lazy at the pool, beach, my couch, ect.nbsp; My ILs and DH have to constantly be busy.nbsp; I'm thankful I've never been on vacation with them but when DH goes on vacation with my family, he complains about how we don't do anything. My family does go out to dinner, puttputt, and always spend one day at the local outlet mall.nbsp; Other than that, you can find me and my mom at the pool or beach and my dad and brother on the golf course.nbsp;And camping is not a vacation.nbsp; DH thinks he might be home before my fall break so I asked him if he wanted to go on vacation.nbsp; He said yes, camping.nbsp; I said heck no.nbsp; So we are going to compromise and get a cabin somewhere.nbsp;
    I don't have to constantly go but I do want to do other stuff than the pool/beach. If I'm on vacay for 7 days 3 of those should be at least one outing per day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSpruceGrouse:
    imageBecc77:
    Somehow, I was invited to join a Facebook mom's group. I never contribute, especially since it's very crunchy, AP style and not really my thing. Someone just posted about their home birth, and how they are going to write their birth story, "once they begin to process all of it." People need to get over themselves. Women have been giving birth for thousands upon thousands of years, often without the aid of anyone or anything. There are still cultures where women push out infants by themselves in the middle of the bush (no pun intended.) It's annoying to me when a woman acts like she's the first person in the world to really experience birth.
    I remember right after birth all my thoughts were of my baby, that was my focus, not the birth. It is nothing new, now if the baby got lost and came out her nose, she might need to process that.

First, I clearly can't remember my bump acronyms because I thought, why does everyone write in AP style for a FB page?

And second, birth is a personally huge deal but it's reall not that interesting to everyone else. Every one of us was born one way or the other. Plus, Spruce is right. The end result is much more interesting than the process.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like holding newborns except my own. They feel awkward and fragile like I've completely forgotten how to do it!! I don't miss DD being small at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageMoFree:
    My UO is that I could care less about invitations, don't understand the time, effort and money put into something that is just tossed into the recycle bin after the info is put in my calendar. I far prefer evites.
    We aren't doing them, there is no point, it is just going to be DH and I and my parents and sister, we don't even have a date yet. I think we will just do it when we can.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options

imageNeneCakies:
    I don't like holding newborns except my own. They feel awkward and fragile like I've completely forgotten how to do it!! I don't miss DD being small at all.

This. Me too.  I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I held a baby before Micah was born.  I think it was babysitting as a teenager 

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options

imageAggieDaner:
    "Sexy" versions of things that are already costumes are silly. Hermione is a witch, you don't have to dress as "sexy Hermione". Same with superheroes, animals, and jobs with uniforms. I get that people want to look hot, but those costumes just make me laugh. "Sexy police officer" is just such a weird idea to me. I dressed up as pregly Britney Spears in college and had my boyfriend dress as K Fed. It was hilarious. I like funny or crazy detailed costumes way better.

I love halloween and I love cute, witty costumes. I've already got the boys' costumes (crazy, it's July.. I know...) and I'm so excited! 

Ditto on the slutty costumes though. Dumb. 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Options
    amaiteamaite member
    My uo involves child leashes. We don't currently use one, but I can see us getting one soon. I dont understand how some people judge parents who use them as being too lazy to keep a close eye on their children. Strollers are the much lazier option. I'm not saying everyone who uses a stroller is lazy, just that if someone really was looking to be as lazy as possible, for both parent and child, they would probably go with a stroller which requires much less supervision than a leash and less work for the parent, provided they don't need to lug it up and down flights of stairs with each use.
  • Options
    imagebritvahok:

imageNeneCakies:

This. Me too.  I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I held a baby before Micah was born.  I think it was babysitting as a teenager 

I held my nephew when he was 3 weeks and was so awkward holding him.    The minute he started fussing I started to give him back and she was like "he's fine." I was embarrassed because her she is asking me for advice and I can't even hold her child.

• Options
    CRey13CRey13 member
    imageBaker_Bride:
    I hate thunderstorms.

Is this unpopular? Because I'm right there with you!

Ill think of my own to add in a bit.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I think people are idiots who knowingly engage in activities that can start fires during fire season. It's over 100 degrees and we're in a drought? Maybe it's not the best time to shoot off fireworks or to go target shooting.
  • Options

imageLindsayDesigner:
    I think people are idiots who knowingly engage in activities that can start fires during fire season. It's over 100 degrees and we're in a drought? Maybe it's not the best time to shoot off fireworks or to go target shooting.

I agree.  Don't they get a fine or something for doing that. 

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    imagestephaniemthomas:

imageBaker_Bride:
    I don't like when people put mothballs in their gardens to scare rabbits and squirrels away. They smell so bad and why would anyone want their flowers to smell like their grandma's attic?

People really do this???  Eww.

Come to Alabama... They are very common, and smell like ***!

• Options
    imageLiliDragon:

Sometimes, when my baby is sleeping, I miss her and wish she would wake up so I could play with her. I know some moms definitely "need" their babies to nap, but I seriously wish mine didn't sleep so damn much.
    How's that for an obnoxious UO?

I feel that way after she has gone to bed and before I go to bed. Especially if I'm watching something featuring a baby anything. It's ridiculous!
  • Options
    I don't think leashes are lazy. I think they're a little degrading and they give a false sense of security. And it's not unusual for me to walk three miles or more a day and that's asking too much of a toddler, I think. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    Similar to Ambsies...I hate that new Daft Punk song. I cannot change the radio fast enough when it comes on.
  • Options
    imageLiliDragon:

Sometimes, when my baby is sleeping, I miss her and wish she would wake up so I could play with her. I know some moms definitely "need" their babies to nap, but I seriously wish mine didn't sleep so damn much.

How's that for an obnoxious UO? 

Me too!

And if DH gets home after he goes to bed, he always says "Let's wake up J so we can play!" 

SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageBaker_Bride:
    imageAggieDaner:
    "Sexy" versions of things that are already costumes are silly. Hermione is a witch, you don't have to dress as "sexy Hermione". Same with superheroes, animals, and jobs with uniforms. I get that people want to look hot, but those costumes just make me laugh. "Sexy police officer" is just such a weird idea to me. I dressed up as pregly Britney Spears in college and had my boyfriend dress as K Fed. It was hilarious. I like funny or crazy detailed costumes way better.

YesYesYesYes

I like dressing up as a pun or something too, like taping a bunch of smarties to your pants.

My best friend went as miss conception last year she was a pregnant beauty queen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAggieDaner:

so you don't celebrate whoreoween?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagehooslisa:
    imageAggieDaner:
    Nice to "see" you on here again Mrs. Lisa!
  • Options
    imagehooslisa:
    imageAggieDaner:

Welcome back Lisa!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"