New Jersey Babies

New job and expecting

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knew the maternity leave laws for new employees. I will have been at my job 3 months when I'm due to deliver, and therefore will not qualify for FMLA or any paid leave, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the laws are regarding leave. I've made a few calls to the state and they keep referring to FMLA laws which I know I'm not entitled to! Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

Re: New job and expecting

• I really don't know but to say go talk to HR. I am in similar situation I will be at my job for 8 mos when I deliver.

• I would talk to your hr dept. You might be able to qualify for temporary disability through the state, but since you don't qualify for fmla, your employer doesn't have to hold your job for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your help! Bummer re: they don't have to hold your job. Sort of forces women to stick it out in a bad job rather than finding a new one they're comfortable with! Or in my case, getting a job at all after grad school!
  • You should still be able to qualify for njstd, but not fli nor njfmla.
  • Double check about FMLA because I was at my job for 8 mos. & I didnt qualify for maternity & I also thought I wouldnt qualify for fmal but the HR dept. told me that fmla is a state program, as long as you have worked anywhere for over 1000 hours you should qualify. 
  • imageGspay717:
    Double check about FMLA because I was at my job for 8 mos. & I didnt qualify for maternity & I also thought I wouldnt qualify for fmal but the HR dept. told me that fmla is a state program, as long as you have worked anywhere for over 1000 hours you should qualify. 
    Yes, it matters if you went from one job to another.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"