October 2011 Moms

Sleep troubles in paradise

My 20 month son will not go to sleep for me. I've created the monster by inconsistent sleep patterns and bedtime routines trying everything everyone suggested and not just sticking with 1. I'm now at my wits end. I can sometimes rock him to sleep but that takes 30 minutes or more and more often than not, that won't even work and I end up having to get my husband to go in who is able to just talk to him he lays down goes to sleep. DH never caved during our attempts at the Ferner method I did so I blame myself. I feel I've tried everything, and maybe that's the problem, but could really use some advice from other moms out there.

Any advice on how to get him to go to sleep on his own at this age? And please, no hate for the errors of my waysI feel bad enough already that I can't get my own son to go to sleep on his own.

Re: Sleep troubles in paradise

• Ugh. That really sucks! I think your best bet at this stage is just be firm and patient. If you are ready for a change, you will need to make a change. It will be tough for a few nights but its never too late to implement a routine, if that's the way you want to go! I read somewhere that a new habit only takes 3 nights. Hang in there! I hope you can find something that works for you!

Lil' P Est. Oct '2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here we grow again!
    ETA: August 14, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker

• First off this post has the lyrics... Cheeseburger in paradise..now stuck in my head. Lol

Second I agree with the girls above set a time schedule and stick to it.

I'f you can handle it I would try to let him cio. It's not for everyone but it can work .

No judgement . I'm currently working on Levi getting to sleep with out a sippy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"